cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will Citi SP CLI preclude SP from 2nd card later?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will Citi SP CLI preclude SP from 2nd card later?

I noticed the CLI language change from HP to SP on my AAdvantage card today (2nd statement cuts today). My limit is $21K...I’d rather have a CLI on my Simplicity. 2nd Statement cuts on 1/23.

If I hit the Luv button on the AAdvantage card today and CLI is granted, does that preclude a CLI on my simplicity later?
Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Re: Will Citi SP CLI preclude SP from 2nd card later?

Nope. You’ll be fine. DC and Costco always have the SP language when I check. Every 6 months, I hit both back to back, and never once denied. The SP CLIs with Citi have been kinda smallish. The last 4 times were $2k each.
Message 2 of 9
mkhan1093
Established Contributor

Yeah in my experience each card has its own cycle and getting a CLI on one card doesn't affect the clock of any other cards. Go crazy with the luv button! Smiley Very Happy

Message 3 of 9
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@mkhan1093 wrote:

Yeah in my experience each card has its own cycle and getting a CLI on one card doesn't affect the clock of any other cards. Go crazy with the luv button! Smiley Very Happy

But doesn't the total exposure affect the likelihood of getting a CLI?

I have 2 Citi cards, A&B. The CL on A is high enough, but I would love to get a CLI on B. I have the SP language for A, but haven't applied, not wanting to affect my chances of a CLI on B.

Am I wrong to have that concern? I have read about folks getting SP CLI denied because they reached maximum exposure for SP CLI's.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 703 TU 704 EX 691

Message 4 of 9
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@SouthJamaica, yes overall exposure in relation to DTI/income, overall internal profile will definitely play a big role with SP CLI. Once you reach a certain threshold, prompts for HP (CLI) will display.
Message 5 of 9
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

I always have sp language now on both my Citi csrds, always denied. Overall Citi exposure can and does come into affect eventually.
Message 6 of 9
rbentley
Established Contributor

Since you really prefer to have the CLI on your Simplicity and that becomes eligible in just a few weeks on 1/23, I would wait and first request the CLI on Simplicity and then try to get another one on your AAdvantage card.  Why possibly jinx it or risk a lower CLI by not waiting?

Message 7 of 9
imaximous
Valued Contributor

Good points, everyone.
My first response was simply in terms of CLI eligibility on multiple cards. I was thinking of AMEX that restricts CLIs to 1 across all cards. Citi doesn't do that as long as you haven't reach any internal limits.
Message 8 of 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well I pulled the trigger yesterday...resulted in a $6,500 cli on my AAdvantage card. I don’t really need the increase on Simplicity, but since I have 0% APR, it would be better to increase my limit from 10.7K.

As soon as the SP language shows on that card, I’ll pull the trigger. Will be interesting to see what happens since I now have just over $38K total exposure with Citi.
Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.