cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will a college student get approved for a Capital One VentureOne Card with 700+ credit?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Will a college student get approved for a Capital One VentureOne Card with 700+ credit?

I want to know if a college student with 715 credit score will get approved for a Capital One VentureOne Card.

What about a student with 790 credit score?

4 REPLIES 4
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Re: Will a college student get approved for a Capital One VentureOne Card with 700+ credit?

Welcome to the myFICO forums!

It is not all about the FICO score. Capital One requires excellent credit for the Venture One card. If you’ve never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan; you haven't been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year; You’ve had a loan or credit card for 3 years or more with a credit limit above $5,000 then you may qualify for the Venture One card.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Will a college student get approved for a Capital One VentureOne Card with 700+ credit?

@Medic981 wrote:

Welcome to the myFICO forums!

It is not all about the FICO score. Capital One requires excellent credit for the Venture One card. If you’ve never declared bankruptcy or defaulted on a loan; you haven't been more than 60 days late on any credit card, medical bill, or loan in the last year; You’ve had a loan or credit card for 3 years or more with a credit limit above $5,000 then you may qualify for the Venture One card.

+1 Well put, Medic. Smiley Happy

OP, could you give us a breakdown of your credit profile?

Message 3 of 5
MyDataMyChoice
Valued Contributor

Did you do the prequal check?

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Like it was said before, just a credit score won’t technically qualify you to get certain cards as there are some other requirements and rules such as Chase’s 5/24 where it doesn’t matter if your score is like 800s, if you’re over 5/24 you won’t get approved.

Are you new to credit? If yes then I find it hard to believe that Capital One would approve you for the VentureOne card as that’s their “second best” credit card, which normally means a higher credit line. Again, like it was mentioned before, you gotta (not always but it helps) have other CCs with credit lines around 5k só Capital One would feel “bad” about giving you such a “high” credit line.

I’ve heard that Capital One is very picky about who they approve for the Venture cards, specially with the regular Venture card offering a 75k signup bonus + transfer partners next month! If I were you (and assuming that you are new to credit) I’d go for something else for now and don’t waste a hard pull. If you don’t have any other credit cards then forget about it but we would need more information to help you better.
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.