CreditWolf
New Contributor

Re: amazon visa application status

i think it is now subject to 5/24 op

Message 11 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

It has been subject to 5/24 since mid-November.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

Do we actually have someone who has gotten back on and said that was the reason for denial? I have seen a lot of speculation but no confirmation as of yet. It’s possible I missed it since I don’t read every Chase thread but I try to keep up on the cards that interest me and until I got the Amazon Store Card last month, that card was high on my list. 

Message 13 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

Do we actually have someone who has gotten back on and said that was the reason for denial? I have seen a lot of speculation but no confirmation as of yet. It’s possible I missed it since I don’t read every Chase thread but I try to keep up on the cards that interest me and until I got the Amazon Store Card last month, that card was high on my list. 

@Anonymous - yes, sorry you missed it, but proof has been provided via other online sources displaying the actual declined letter with the "too many accounts opened in the past 24 months" reason.   So, this isn't speculation, and no surprise given that all other Chase CCs that were previously not been subject to the 5/24 restriction, were expanded as well.  This was also documented by several posters on DoC, Reddit, etc.

Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@Anonymous - yes, sorry you missed it, but proof has been provided via other online sources displaying the actual declined letter with the "too many accounts opened in the past 24 months" reason.   So, this isn't speculation, and no surprise given that all other Chase CCs that were previously not been subject to the 5/24 restriction, were expanded as well.  This was also documented by several posters on DoC, Reddit, etc.

Cool, I just hadn’t seen anyone post the letter here (I avoid other places for credit news for various reasons) so just wanted to make sure. 

Message 15 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Other online sources also provide a wealth of information about the latest trends that may not necessarily get captured on here. It is always a good thing to keep those options available IMO.
Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:
Other online sources also provide a wealth of information about the latest trends that may not necessarily get captured on here. It is always a good thing to keep those options available IMO.

I understand that but those other sites make me want to apply for things I shouldn’t because they list the SUBs involved. 

FWIW I did check DoC and Reddit and there are no reports confirming Amazon, there are reports for all of the other cards including the Disney (which I already knew from posts here). If I didn’t have a BK on my reports I would take the likely 2 HPs for the team and find out but there’s no point in me even bothering with the BK until I get my last derogs off. Plus I already added a number of new accounts as it is and I’m happy with where I’m at for now. 

Message 17 of 18
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

Re: Amazon visa application update

Just apply for Amazon store card if you want Amazon, they are not so picky as chase, and in my opinion youll be better still.

Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.