Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

amazon visa application status

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

amazon visa application status

I apply today for amazon visa and get the following message:

"Unfortunately, your application for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa card could not be approved by Chase

Chase will notify you in writing about the decision in 30 days. Thank you for applying."

but the robo lady says 2 weeks message in automated line.

Is that good or bad? I am confusing.

Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: amazon visa application status

It's neither. All it means is that further review is needed. It can go either way.
As a positive, it was not denied on the spot.
Message 2 of 18
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous, it appears you've posted multiple threads recently regarding the same application outcome and several MF members have already provided very valuable feedback.

Since it appears your most recent thread from 12/21 cited a denial, what were the reasons cited? Also, keep in mind that all Chase CCs are subject to the 5/24 restriction (effective mid-November), which includes the Amazon Visa. So, if you've opened 5 or more CCs in 24 months, Chase will not approve the app.

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Amazon-rewards-visa-5-24/m-p/5448039#M218425

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Pending-application/m-p/5418139#M216277
Message 3 of 18
Pikaboo-icu
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I apply today for amazon visa and get the following message:

"Unfortunately, your application for the Amazon Prime Rewards Visa card could not be approved by Chase

Chase will notify you in writing about the decision in 30 days. Thank you for applying."

but the robo lady says 2 weeks message in automated line.

Is that good or bad? I am confusing.

If you applied in Nov, Dec and Jan as in your posts, you're probably not helping your chances at all.

If this ends in a denial; I would give it at least 6 months and make certain you are under 5/24 before applying again. 

Message 4 of 18
CivalV
Established Contributor

30 day message is better than automatic denial. I got an automatic denial for the Amazon Store CC. I have no Syn accounts. They’ve never been nice to me lol good luck! Hopefully it’s an approval

Message 5 of 18
kdm31091
Super Contributor

@Remedios wrote:
It's neither. All it means is that further review is needed. It can go either way.

Am I missing something? The OP's post has the language:

To me this isn't further review; the app is denied. If this a repeat app (which as Finstar noted it seems to be), applying over and over isn't doing you any favors OP.

Message 6 of 18
Jnbmom
Credit Mentor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

To me this isn't further review; the app is denied. If this a repeat app (which as Finstar noted it seems to be), applying over and over isn't doing you any favors OP.

+1

It's a denial as it stated, not sure of the confusion?

EXP 780 EQ 791TU 795
Message 7 of 18
shoegal
Valued Contributor

@kdm31091 wrote:

@Remedios wrote:

I got that same answer when I applied in 2017. I called to recon since I took that message as a denial, and I was denied again because of my baddies and short revolving history at that time which was around 6-months.

Message 8 of 18
Brian_Earl_Spilner
Credit Mentor

Chase keeps your application info for 6 months. If you apply in that period, they'll just reuse that denial.

Message 9 of 18
CCrew
Regular Contributor

I applied to Chase/Amazon, got the same 30 day notice. Call into the automated line said 10 days. Did that for near 30 days until I finally called and a CSR said it had rolled out of the system. Never got a denial, and never got a card. Was  sitting on the edge of 5/24 depending on how they count - I had 2x car loans with them (one since paid off) that would have put me over but folks here said that they're not counted. Regardless, never got an account, not that I really needed it, just wanted in with Chase. Clearly not happening. 

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.