cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can have two of the same cards with same lender?

tag
Janneman
Established Contributor

can have two of the same cards with same lender?

are we allowed to have two of the same cards with the same lender? I hv CashRewards card with nf, contemplating to get another the same one if possible...i was denied for flagship, and none other cards hv any bonus right now except this CashRewards...

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: can have two of the same cards with same lender?

Yes, you can have 3 cards with NFCU.

The max CL cannot exceed $80K and the Flagship card has the ability to reach the highest of a single card.
Several CU's out there don't have an issue with this

Message 2 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

What I think OP is specifically asking is if NFCU would issue them a 2nd Cash Rewards cards as they were denied for a Flagship but still wants to chasing a bonus (and I can't give a definitive response).

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 3 of 8
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

What I think OP is specifically asking is if NFCU would issue them a 2nd Cash Rewards cards as they were denied for a Flagship but still wants to chasing a bonus (and I can't give a definitive response).

Gotcha.....that's a question I don't know either.  

Message 4 of 8
Janneman
Established Contributor

@coldfusion wrote:

You are right...I think a few days ago another member named Omar did mention about it that people can have two of the same cards with NF...I was wondering if anyone else knew about it...

Message 5 of 8
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

It was probably @OmarGB9   and perhaps he can elaborate. 

I do know that some issuers will organically approve 2 of the same card and others will allow you to PC an existing card so you end up with 2 of the same.    I just don't definitively know NFCU's policy. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 6 of 8
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Janneman wrote:

are we allowed to have two of the same cards with the same lender? I hv CashRewards card with nf, contemplating to get another the same one if possible...i was denied for flagship, and none other cards hv any bonus right now except this CashRewards...

If your question is specific to NFCU, then yes.

That DP is listed on the first page (under the Credit Cards section) -- plenty of DPs in that thread OP (just take the time to read it).

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Datapoints-Thread-for-Members...

Now, I'm not sure whether you're eligible for a 2nd SUB on the same card (depending on how long you've had the first one).

Message 7 of 8
Janneman
Established Contributor

@FinStar wrote:

@Janneman wrote:

If your question is specific to NFCU, then yes.

That DP is listed on the first page (under the Credit Cards section) -- plenty of DPs in that thread OP (just take the time to read it).

https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-Applications/Navy-Federal-Datapoints-Thread-for-Members...

Now, I'm not sure whether you're eligible for a 2nd SUB on the same card (depending on how long you've had the first one).

Thanku..my CashRewards card is now converted to platinum yesterday thru product changed..it was opened 15 months ago.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.