Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

capital one cli declined....

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

capital one cli declined....

I hit the LUV button and got sent a letter saying I have too much available credit... I have capital one qs, citi dc and barclay us with a total of less than $6000 credit line..

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: capital one cli declined....

Yeah....how long has the account been open?
Message 2 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Not only that but your annual income could be a factor too, although if I had to bet I would say you have a relatively low AAoAs. You may be able to go through the EO to get the CLI, assuming you have had the card for long enough (like six months).  

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 3 of 10
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

Not to mention how much usage and payment history is on it.

Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Capital one has always been a scrooge when it comes cli's. If I had a dollar for every post that mentions contacting the EO for a reversal of fortune, I'd be rich. Or richer, at least!

Message 5 of 10
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Capital one has always been a scrooge when it comes cli's. If I had a dollar for every post that mentions contacting the EO for a reversal of fortune, I'd be rich. Or richer, at least!

That's for sure about them being scrooges, most answer you'll get from them is typically a big fat NO, no matter what you ask them. 

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 10
red259
Super Contributor

@ojefferyo wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

That's for sure about them being scrooges, most answer you'll get from them is typically a big fat NO, no matter what you ask them. 

The doubled my credit line and many others have got credit line increases from them as well. The problem is they tend to deny by default and make you call in to have a manual review in order to get the approval for a CLI. Its not an overally invasive process and relatively painless, but requires a bit extra time which can be annoying. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 7 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

I was upgraded to a QS card last month after having a plain platinum for 2 1/2 years, denied an increase on the 2K CL card, then they turned around and gave me a 1K line increase on a 2K CL journey card without me asking.  Now I have 5K available between the two cards and a zero balance.  Unpredictable, eh?

Message 8 of 10
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I was upgraded to a QS card last month after having a plain platinum for 2 1/2 years, denied an increase on the 2K CL card, then they turned around and gave me a 1K line increase on a 2K CL journey card without me asking.  Now I have 5K available between the two cards and a zero balance.  Unpredictable, eh?

Very much so.

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 9 of 10
upnorth
New Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Captial One in the past was a subprime credit issuer. They got burnt during the recession and set about improving their credit profile. They bought out ING direct for a song. But they never put in place a mechanism for considering customer inititated CLI requests. So they would turn down requests. A couple of years back they have removed that policy. But Capital One continues to have industry worst ability to price risk (Amex is best in that regards). So they protect themselves by giving low CL for every customer. Among all my cards, QS from Capital One has lowest CL, even less than my balance in their 360 accounts. So... to the question in the advertisement, whats in your wallet... The answer is: anything but Capital One Credit card!

UNFCU Visa Azure $45k, Sams Master Card $35k, Amex Costco $25k, Fidelity Visa $25k, Chase Freedom $18k, Cap 1 Mastercard $12.5k, Kohls $1.5k, Cancelled on my own BA $25 (it was Schwab card earlier) and Chase Saffire $22k. Also have 2 business cards with Chase and 1 Amex Open. AU Target $2500.
Scores: 11/14 EX 801; 11/14 TU FICO 805; 11/14 Van 823
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.