cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

citi advantage aa card

tag
Jccflat
Established Contributor

citi advantage aa card

I applied last week for the citi aa advantage card they pulled Equifax which is my best score 

When I checked application status, it showed it's pending

So I called today and they put me on hold and then again on hold and then they said they will hear a decision within 7days 

 

But now, when I log into the application status online, it's not showing pending anymore. It's just showing to enter the reference number that I will get in the mail

is this a good sign ?

 

Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
Jccflat
Established Contributor

Re: citi advantage aa card

haha so called again now they said it was  processed yesterday and i'll get a reference number in mail 

anyone has a clue what's that reference number business with citi ? 

Is this the way verification, identity verification or something? 

 

Message 2 of 13
markhs777
Regular Contributor

Re: citi advantage aa card

On the surface it sounds like a rejection (hope I'm wrong) or perhaps asking for tax records. Good luck.

Message 3 of 13
privacyadvocate69
Contributor

Re: citi advantage aa card

Have you actually flown on American Airlines?

 

No advantage there man.

Message 4 of 13
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

Re: citi advantage aa card


@privacyadvocate69 wrote:

Have you actually flown on American Airlines?

 

No advantage there man.


I'd rather have a root canal wthout any Lidocaine than have go to back to flying BOS <-> DFW on American, but there are plenty of people who would curse at my own favorites (Delta, United) as well.   We all have our own reasons for which airline(s) we prefer and whom we blocklist  🤷‍♂️

 

I miss AirTran for my trips to Atlanta :-( 

 

(5/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 5 of 13
1GaDawg85
Valued Contributor

Re: citi advantage aa card


@coldfusion wrote:

@privacyadvocate69 wrote:

Have you actually flown on American Airlines?

 

No advantage there man.


I'd rather have a root canal wthout any Lidocaine than have go to back to flying BOS <-> DFW on American, but there are plenty of people who would curse at my own favorites (Delta, United) as well.   We all have our own reasons for which airline(s) we prefer and whom we blocklist  🤷‍♂️

 

I miss AirTran for my trips to Atlanta :-( 

 


I wish AirTran would come back in some sort of way. It was glorious and kept Delta in check here in Atlanta. 


FICO 5 ,4, 2 - 10/2023                            FICO 8 - 10/2023                                   FICO 9 - 10/2023                                   FICO 10 - 10/2023
     
Message 6 of 13
DONZI
Established Contributor

Re: citi advantage aa card

I have a special place in my Heart for Braniff..

2014 credit2020 credit2021 credit2023 credit
paypal credit imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecredit card imagecredit card imagecharge card imagecharge card image
[2020-12-09]=[EQ8|786]-[TU8|746]-[EX8|772] .... gardening until I can't (again).
[2023-10-01]=[EQ8|797]-[TU8|776]-[EX8|775]
Message 7 of 13
SweetCreditObsession
Valued Contributor

Re: citi advantage aa card


@Jccflat wrote:

I applied last week for the citi aa advantage card they pulled Equifax which is my best score 

When I checked application status, it showed it's pending

So I called today and they put me on hold and then again on hold and then they said they will hear a decision within 7days 

 

But now, when I log into the application status online, it's not showing pending anymore. It's just showing to enter the reference number that I will get in the mail

is this a good sign ?

 


I have no idea. Please keep us posted. Best wishes!



(+102) | (+106) | (+151)
| TU Fico 9: ? | Exp Fico 9: ? | EQ Fico 9: ?| EQ Fico 8 Bankcard: TBA

Initial Goal: Min. 740 w/all CRAs - Met
Interim Goal: 780 w/all CRAs - Met
Current Goal(s): Min. 800 w/all CRAs
Gardening Until: ??/??/202?| Last App: 10/20/2023





Message 8 of 13
7774x
Established Contributor

Re: citi advantage aa card


@DONZI wrote:

I have a special place in my Heart for Braniff..


Going back in time for BN...  same here

Message 9 of 13
jsweeti1
Valued Member

Re: citi advantage aa card


@privacyadvocate69 wrote:

Have you actually flown on American Airlines?

 

No advantage there man.


I actually love flying American. I've never had any issues!

FICO8 Scores as of October 2023:

Credit Cards:




Utilization: 1-4%; Inquiries: 15

*Tip: if you hover over the credit cards, you can see the credit limit for each
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.