Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diners issues after applying

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

diners issues after applying

Ok so i got approved for the preimer first received ghe card yesterday i activated it no problems. Now i found out they approved me for the elite now also..go to use my card and it was declined im like really its brand new used once yesterday. I call them up and they tell me now that my preimer account is under review and somebody will be contacting me ..and i ask can i talk to somebody now and they are like no somebody will call you. So i told the csr can you check my elite card if any issues she hold on she said no issues the card has been issued....has any body had this issue before???
Message 1 of 29
28 REPLIES 28
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: diners issues after applying

wow that's a first. sorry to hear hopefully they get it fixed

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 29
dilettante
Established Contributor

Was the first purchase at Target or a drugstore, for a very large purchase amount?  There were a few reports on FT of people getting fraud alerts and accounts being frozen after large purchases at Target especially.  I've only been using my card for 3X categories only but for purchase amounts under $500 and for non-MS purchases (no gift cards, etc).

If it was for a normal small purchase, I'm not sure what could be going on with your account.  Hope you get it resolved soon.

Message 3 of 29
waiter
Regular Contributor

Oh no... 

another OCCU/duck/beaver senario is about to begin.? hope not.

Account under review after approval??? I have yet to recieve my card in mail... and I am already losing confidence of this card being surviving for too long..

hope not.......... OCCU cards didnt have annual fees, But if  diners club ends up closing accounts after 30 days of account approval left and right it will be very nasty because of annual fees already paid and non refundable after 30 days,

BMO Harris is gonna end up making millions in fees and US/WE consumers with closed accounts and fees paid.

OP please update us with outcome...  Thank you.

Message 4 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

Account under review after approval??? I have yet to recieve my card in mail... and I am already losing confidence of this card being surviving for too long..

hope not.

Honestly, after seeing how backed up they were getting when they probably received about the same amount of apps as say...Chase gets in a week or two...

That in itself is not confidence inspiring.

Message 5 of 29
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

I've lost half of my confidece with them, only becaus they give me half the information everytime I call. 

Nixon, you still in the "waiter's club"?

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 6 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ojefferyo wrote:

I've lost half of my confidece with them, only becaus they give me half the information everytime I call. 

Nixon, you still in the "waiter's club"?

Yep!

Message 7 of 29
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

hope not.......... OCCU cards didnt have annual fees, But if  diners club ends up closing accounts after 30 days of account approval left and right it will be very nasty because of annual fees already paid and non refundable after 30 days,

BMO Harris is gonna end up making millions in fees and US/WE consumers with closed accounts and fees paid.

OP please update us with outcome...  Thank you.

That is exactly what I thought...let's hope this will not end the same way !  All the best OP and pls let us know  how it goes.

Message 8 of 29
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

We're gonna need some coffee and donuts here.

I called again today just out of curiousity and told the lending department that I had to apply twice so she "looked" into it and said it's still pending and gave me the "we received an overwelming number of applications" and told me to wait another 10 days lol I have a feeling she didn't even look and just put me on hold.

Message 9 of 29
waiter
Regular Contributor

In my experience Chase is evil id they AA you, I have lost 95 $ annual fee for airline card they approved me couple of years back and they closed the card telling me too many INQ's on experian and new accounts, after 1 month of use, their UW approve you to expand their portfolio as they are told and their RISK dept. closes accounts left and right for small things.  Both dept. very opposite of each other.

I was very happy for mine and spouse's approvals... BUT now i am scared....

Message 10 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.