Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diners issues after applying

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: diners issues after applying

Well all i charged was $5.82 at auto zone and attempted to charge $28.82 at walmart. And i was like it has to be an error maybe with walmarts machine nope went to two different register same issue..so o really dont get whats the point of having 20k limit when i cant even charge less then 30 bucks
Message 11 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

And i applied for the elite again on monday and was approved by today.
Message 12 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

another OCCU/duck/beaver senario is about to begin.? hope not.

Account under review after approval??? I have yet to recieve my card in mail... and I am already losing confidence of this card being surviving for too long..

hope not.......... OCCU cards didnt have annual fees, But if  diners club ends up closing accounts after 30 days of account approval left and right it will be very nasty because of annual fees already paid and non refundable after 30 days,

BMO Harris is gonna end up making millions in fees and US/WE consumers with closed accounts and fees paid.

OP please update us with outcome...  Thank you.

Let's not start speculating without getting the facts first.  This is how induced-panic and bad information gets spread in these forums (and others).  Let's let the OP get the situation squared away before posting any correlations to OCCU - not the same bank folks!

Message 13 of 29
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:
Well all i charged was $5.82 at auto zone and attempted to charge $28.82 at walmart. And i was like it has to be an error maybe with walmarts machine nope went to two different register same issue..so o really dont get whats the point of having 20k limit when i cant even charge less then 30 bucks

Interesting.  I've used both my Premier and Elite cards regularly without issues so far.

Message 14 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I just don't get why csr can't help if it would be any other cc I would of talked to which ever department I needed to talk to. Not that csr is telling me the review department will call me back.

Message 15 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@FinStar wrote:

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

Account under review after approval??? I have yet to recieve my card in mail... and I am already losing confidence of this card being surviving for too long..

hope not.......... OCCU cards didnt have annual fees, But if  diners club ends up closing accounts after 30 days of account approval left and right it will be very nasty because of annual fees already paid and non refundable after 30 days,

BMO Harris is gonna end up making millions in fees and US/WE consumers with closed accounts and fees paid.

Let's not start speculating without getting the facts first.  This is how induced-panic and bad information gets spread in these forums (and others).  Let's let the OP get the situation squared away before posting any correlations to OCCU - not the same bank folks!

+ 10

Message 16 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

Smiley Very Happy

+ 10

Well. i have a feeling. any use at Target walmart. , Cvs. walgreens or any simular Store is gonna come back as Declined. best not to go there. anywhere they sell lots of GCs. i think Diners is learning the meaning of MS the hard way. especially the elite not being capped. people getting two cards and so on. its gonna be hard on us that survive.

Message 17 of 29
peaceonearth
Established Contributor

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

Smiley Very Happy

+ 10

Well. i have a feeling. any use at Target walmart. , Cvs. walgreens or any simular Store is gonna come back as Declined. best not to go there. anywhere they sell lots of GCs. i think Diners is learning the meaning of MS the hard way. especially the elite not being capped. people getting two cards and so on. its gonna be hard on us that survive.

This is not related and has nothing to do with OP., but I've read here and all over the networks.

A good honest diners club member; can no longer go shop at certain stores just because someone, is abusing the credit system to gaing points and large credit lines.

Message 18 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@waiter wrote:

In my experience Chase is evil id they AA you, I have lost 95 $ annual fee for airline card they approved me couple of years back and they closed the card telling me too many INQ's on experian and new accounts, after 1 month of use, their UW approve you to expand their portfolio as they are told and their RISK dept. closes accounts left and right for small things.  Both dept. very opposite of each other.

I was very happy for mine and spouse's approvals... BUT now i am scared....

tell that to Creditaddict.. the man has 65 cards.. 65! I dont think he has ever had AA taken upon him due to the amount of cards he has.. i think its a YMMV kinda thing.. crummy that chase did that to you though..

Message 19 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

I know somebody joked about it earlier in another thread about how "diners was expecting expensive restaurants but are getting Target/Walmart instead" and honestly.. it's true! The diners brand of cards is really created for fancy hotels, world travel, expensive airlines, cruises and major purchases at fine clothing stores etc.. Hence the big limits! with a 40k and 50k limit you can afford to go to the finest hotels in the nicest parts of the world and to fly first class and be driven by private drivers and to shop at stores like Louis Vuitton.. In all honesty that's why the limits are so big.. They expect the occasional drugstore purchase when somebody needs Tylenol.. I know what you're thinking.. "Then WHY are they offering us 3x on grocery's etc!?" Because they need to find some way to justify a 395 annual fee.. so, essentially it's just a way of saying "there is a way to earn your money back for the AF".. I don't really see them trying to brand their cards as the next "Go to grocery card"..

Message 20 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.