Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

diners issues after applying

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: diners issues after applying

@Anonymous wrote:

I know somebody joked about it earlier in another thread about how "diners was expecting expensive restaurants but are getting Target/Walmart instead" and honestly.. it's true! The diners brand of cards is really created for fancy hotels, world travel, expensive airlines, cruises and major purchases at fine clothing stores etc.. Hence the big limits! with a 40k and 50k limit you can afford to go to the finest hotels in the nicest parts of the world and to fly first class and be driven by private drivers and to shop at stores like Louis Vuitton.. In all honesty that's why the limits are so big.. They expect the occasional drugstore purchase when somebody needs Tylenol.. I know what you're thinking.. "Then WHY are they offering us 3x on grocery's etc!?" Because they need to find some way to justify a 395 annual fee.. so, essentially it's just a way of saying "there is a way to earn your money back for the AF".. I don't really see them trying to brand their cards as the next "Go to grocery card"..

Yeah..I'd have expected 3x on hotels, restaurants, travel in general... With a nicer suite of benefits.

Message 21 of 29
taxi818
Super Contributor

@peaceonearth wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

another OCCU/duck/beaver senario is about to begin.? hope not.

Account under review after approval??? I have yet to recieve my card in mail... and I am already losing confidence of this card being surviving for too long..

Smiley Very Happy

hope not.......... OCCU cards didnt have annual fees, But if  diners club ends up closing accounts after 30 days of account approval left and right it will be very nasty because of annual fees already paid and non refundable after 30 days,

BMO Harris is gonna end up making millions in fees and US/WE consumers with closed accounts and fees paid.

OP please update us with outcome...  Thank you.

Let's not start speculating without getting the facts first.  This is how induced-panic and bad information gets spread in these forums (and others).  Let's let the OP get the situation squared away before posting any correlations to OCCU - not the same bank folks!

+ 10

Well. i have a feeling. any use at Target walmart. , Cvs. walgreens or any simular Store is gonna come back as Declined. best not to go there. anywhere they sell lots of GCs. i think Diners is learning the meaning of MS the hard way. especially the elite not being capped. people getting two cards and so on. its gonna be hard on us that survive.

This is not related and has nothing to do with OP., but I've read here and all over the networks.

A good honest diners club member; can no longer go shop at certain stores just because someone, is abusing the credit system to gaing points and large credit lines.

That was exactly my point.

Message 22 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I know somebody joked about it earlier in another thread about how "diners was expecting expensive restaurants but are getting Target/Walmart instead" and honestly.. it's true! The diners brand of cards is really created for fancy hotels, world travel, expensive airlines, cruises and major purchases at fine clothing stores etc.. Hence the big limits! with a 40k and 50k limit you can afford to go to the finest hotels in the nicest parts of the world and to fly first class and be driven by private drivers and to shop at stores like Louis Vuitton.. In all honesty that's why the limits are so big.. They expect the occasional drugstore purchase when somebody needs Tylenol.. I know what you're thinking.. "Then WHY are they offering us 3x on grocery's etc!?" Because they need to find some way to justify a 395 annual fee.. so, essentially it's just a way of saying "there is a way to earn your money back for the AF".. I don't really see them trying to brand their cards as the next "Go to grocery card"..

my first purchase ever was at walmart for little under 4 bucks. but then again i only got 5k limit Smiley LOL

Message 23 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@taxi818 wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

Account under review after approval??? I have yet to recieve my card in mail... and I am already losing confidence of this card being surviving for too long..

Smiley Very Happy

hope not.......... OCCU cards didnt have annual fees, But if  diners club ends up closing accounts after 30 days of account approval left and right it will be very nasty because of annual fees already paid and non refundable after 30 days,

BMO Harris is gonna end up making millions in fees and US/WE consumers with closed accounts and fees paid.

Let's not start speculating without getting the facts first.  This is how induced-panic and bad information gets spread in these forums (and others).  Let's let the OP get the situation squared away before posting any correlations to OCCU - not the same bank folks!

+ 10

Well. i have a feeling. any use at Target walmart. , Cvs. walgreens or any simular Store is gonna come back as Declined. best not to go there. anywhere they sell lots of GCs. i think Diners is learning the meaning of MS the hard way. especially the elite not being capped. people getting two cards and so on. its gonna be hard on us that survive.

This is not related and has nothing to do with OP., but I've read here and all over the networks.

A good honest diners club member; can no longer go shop at certain stores just because someone, is abusing the credit system to gaing points and large credit lines.

Thanks to those who ruined it for us who are straight shooters and don't participate in MS Smiley Sad

Message 24 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

Smiley Very Happy

+ 10

Thanks to those who ruined it for us who are straight shooters and don't participate in MS Smiley Sad

Well maybe they shouldn't charge such a high AF for little added benefit.

Message 25 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

Smiley Very Happy

+ 10

Then why get the card if it wont work for you in the first place!? Gosh Nixon! lol

Message 26 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

Smiley Very Happy

+ 10

Then why get the card if it wont work for you in the first place!? Gosh Nixon! lol

To look cool.

And get the AF back by means of high if unnecessary spend.

Message 27 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

Smiley Very Happy

+ 10

To look cool.

As a non current Diners Club Card Member, I find it interesting the comments about places where Diners Club would not want to see cardholders spend. As an old DIners Club Card Member 1972 (back when it was a charge card on its own network) they controlled where you could shopped by only signing up the more elite vendors and had a small base of places (nice eateries, hotels, airlines, car rentals, charter jets and small shops come to mind). They kept a tight very limited base to use the card. It kept it exclusive for sure. Today it is a Mastercard so how would (or why would) they want to narrow the base (how could they narrow the base?). Follow the logic based on 1972 but this is 2014+ using a Mastercard on a market that reaches virtually everywhere (nothing exclusive here).

Message 28 of 29
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ArmyVietVet wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@peaceonearth wrote:

@taxi818 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@FinStar wrote:

@waiter wrote:

Oh no... 

Smiley Very Happy

+ 10

To look cool.

As a non current Diners Club Card Member, I find it interesting the comments about places where Diners Club would not want to see cardholders spend. As an old DIners Club Card Member 1972 (back when it was a charge card on its own network) they controlled where you could shopped by only signing up the more elite vendors and had a small base of places (nice eateries, hotels, airlines, car rentals, charter jets and small shops come to mind). They kept a tight very limited base to use the card. It kept it exclusive for sure. Today it is a Mastercard so how would (or why would) they want to narrow the base (how could they narrow the base?). Follow the logic based on 1972 but this is 2014+ using a Mastercard on a market that reaches virtually everywhere (nothing exclusive here).

Well, if they were to stay solely on the diners networkd it wouldnt be accepted at nearly enough vendors.. However, by pairing it with Mastercard they can have it accepted virtually worldwide, which is what they want as its intended to be used worldwide.. Having it accepted worldwide doesnt mean they want walmart and target.. The card is esentially made for people who travel and travel often.. not people who travel to atlantic city once evry summer for a weekend.. Can it be used as a daily target/walmart card? of course it can be done physically.. target wouldnt stop you.. but some people are having their cards locked and frozen that have been using target.. So, until we have an answer from Diners as to why their cards wee shut down, its all based on speculation

Message 29 of 29
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.