Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does AMEX consider

tag
elixerin
Established Contributor

does AMEX consider

what are your guys thoughts on AMEX considering Charge card histories when going for Revolver CLI's? Like for example can you be declined for a CLI solely off just that account's history/payment patterns.... they say amex likes on time payments and prefer people paying in whole what they spend in the statement period.

what would that mean for someone rocking minimum payments on 0 intro apr but having a charge account issued from them seeing much more traffic/payments.. the question is if that gets considered into decision or would they just see that Revolver and minimum payments and reside with the decision from there(whatever that may be, looks grim though). Extreme example which obviously doesnt have a given result either way but would love to hear the thoughts on it

i guess this in similarity can be included as well, aside from your overall credit profile do they look at all accounts business and personal when going for a personal CLI and vice versa for the business side

5 REPLIES 5
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Re: does AMEX consider

Amex absolutely will use payment history and spending patterns into account.  

Message 2 of 6
elixerin
Established Contributor

thanks for the reply, think same is true for ALL accounts under the issuer when going for an individual CLI? 

Message 3 of 6
sccredit
Valued Contributor

Correct 

Message 4 of 6
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@sccredit wrote:

Amex absolutely will use payment history and spending patterns into account.  

+1

Message 5 of 6
Gunnerboy
Frequent Contributor

@elixerin wrote:

what are your guys thoughts on AMEX considering Charge card histories when going for Revolver CLI's? Like for example can you be declined for a CLI solely off just that account's history/payment patterns.... they say amex likes on time payments and prefer people paying in whole what they spend in the statement period.

what would that mean for someone rocking minimum payments on 0 intro apr but having a charge account issued from them seeing much more traffic/payments.. the question is if that gets considered into decision or would they just see that Revolver and minimum payments and reside with the decision from there(whatever that may be, looks grim though).

Using charge card payment history to determine revolver CLI is sound.  Even with your big spend, I'm not sure what that would mean for you with CLI's.  Aren't you still on their radar?

Regarding minimum payments on 0% intro, I agree with MF'ers who've posted that AMEX likes to see at least 3x the minimum monthly amount.  Edit: I'm trying to look at your earlier posts to see which revolver do you have.

"Not everyone who helps you is a friend, and not everyone who challenges you is an enemy."
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.