Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

getfreedomunlimited.com legit?

tag
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

getfreedomunlimited.com legit?

I received an invitation mailer from Chase. Is this a pre-approved offer? I have never seen an approval online when checking through their pre approval site. It doesnt say pre approved any where so just wanted to check with a forum. 

I'm on 4/24 would really like my next card to be a Chase.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: getfreedomunlimited.com legit?

It looks like an invitation. Does your mailer have Pre-approved in it?

Message 2 of 10
Duke_Nukem
Established Contributor

My DD has been receiving these mailers the past few months (along with the Chase Southwest card mailers), even though she just got her 1st CC and no credit history less than 12 months ago.  She had some mailers that stated "Pre-SELECTED" and some that didn't state "pre-anything".  She checked the Chase pre-qualified site, and no offers were availble to her on it.  She had no other accounts with Chase, either.

So she rolled the dice nearly a week ago and applied through that "getfreedomunlimited.com" link, used the mailer provided invitation #, and was accepted immediately.  Note that she is still under 12 months since the opening of her first card, so her acceptance seems out of the ordinary for Chase.

From our research, it seemed that there is a better chance of approval if the stated APR is an actual number rather than a range.  She had an actual APR listed (no range shown), so that was the reason for the gamble that paid off.

Interestingly, she got a mailer invitation for the CSP today.  LOL

Message 3 of 10
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

If there is no opt-out language it is not a preapproval.

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personally I probably wouldn't apply to some random site like that, only directly through Chase online or in Branch. It may just be a way to get your info.

However, that invitation site does seem legit. 

Message 5 of 10
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

Update: upon reading the back of the terms and conditions it does say "pre-approved offer" and an actual APR number not range. There is a message for opting out of prescreen offers. There is an invitation number and reply by date.

***Note that when I typed in the URL for the first time, I made an error and typed in "getfreedomeunlimited.com" and my browser immediately let me know that it was a website known to be malicious. This was what made me question whether it was legit or trying to get my info. When typed in the correct URL it forward me to what looks like a Chase.com subdomain.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CONFIG_ID=30&STYLE_ID=freedom_unlimited

Heads up to be careful when you guys are doing this.

I've been waiting to get in with Chase for awhile so this offer is looking pretty attractive to me. Does anyone know if you can PC a Freedom Unlimited to one of the cards in the Sapphire family to earn UR points? Dont think I will do that since doing so will forfeit the sub but asking for reference.

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 6 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kudosalert wrote:

Update: upon reading the back of the terms and conditions it does say "pre-approved offer" and an actual APR number not range. There is a message for opting out of prescreen offers. There is an invitation number and reply by date.

***Note that when I typed in the URL for the first time, I made an error and typed in "getfreedomeunlimited.com" and my browser immediately let me know that it was a website known to be malicious. This was what made me question whether it was legit or trying to get my info. When typed in the correct URL it forward me to what looks like a Chase.com subdomain.

https://applynow.chase.com/FlexAppWeb/renderApp.do?CONFIG_ID=30&STYLE_ID=freedom_unlimited

I've been waiting to get in with Chase for awhile so this offer is looking pretty attractive to me. Does anyone know if you can PC a Freedom Unlimited to one of the cards in the Sapphire family to earn UR points? Dont think I will do that since doing so will forfeit the sub but asking for reference.

The Chase Freedom Unlimited already will earn UR points. You just can't transfer it to an airline or hotel partner unless you have one of the Sapphire cards or an Ink Preferred card. And you can PC it to the CSP or CSR after 1 year. You will need $5k CL for the CSP and $10k CL for the CSR. So applying for the CSP or CSR and getting the bonus will be the best option. Smiley Very Happy

Message 7 of 10
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@kudosalert wrote:

The Chase Freedom Unlimited already will earn UR points. You just can't transfer it to an airline or hotel partner unless you have one of the Sapphire cards or an Ink Preferred card. And you can PC it to the CSP or CSR after 1 year. You will need $5k CL for the CSP and $10k CL for the CSR. So applying for the CSP or CSR and getting the bonus will be the best option. Smiley Very Happy

hUH? i thought it was a cashback card. how does it work exactly? i've read online but doesnt seem clear. or maybe i'm just super jetlagged right now Smiley Happy

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 8 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

It earns 1.5% CB and stores it as UR points. You can then choose to pay towards your balance as  a "credit", or leave it to accumulate URs in the event you ever decide to get a Sapphire card. The points don't expire.

Message 9 of 10
kudosalert
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

It earns 1.5% CB and stores it as UR points. You can then choose to pay towards your balance as  a "credit", or leave it to accumulate URs in the event you ever decide to get a Sapphire card. The points don't expire.

Thanks Janus, that's good to know. Storing those points until I get a Sapphire card sounds like a good idea. 

In my wallet:

In my desk:
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.