Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need some Amex reallocation / 3x cli advice

tag
buck_russell
New Contributor

need some Amex reallocation / 3x cli advice

actually looking for a little reassurance that I'm approaching this the right way.

First some background.

Jan 2014 I was approved for my first AMEX (costco TE) 1,200 limit

April 2014 3x CLI to 3,600

Sept 2014 Auto CLI to 5k

Oct 2014 3x CLI to 15k

Jan 2015 applied and approved for BCP with a 2k limit (gotta like the free year of history thanks to this board for telling me about backdating)

With the costco relationship ending I forsee trying to move a lot of that limit over to my BCP, but before I do that, obviously I'd want to do another 3x request (come April 2015 since that'll be 6 mos since last request and it's my understanding that it's 6 mos between requests for ALL accounts, not EACH)

My plan is to request 10K on the TE in april to get that to 25K and then move 20k over to the BCP (pending approvals obviously).

Thoughts? Suggestions?

I really appreciate the knowledge that is shared on this board!

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
ojefferyo
Valued Contributor

Re: need some Amex reallocation / 3x cli advice

I don't see why not

Amex Platinum, Amex Hilton HHonors Surpass, Chase Southwest Premier, Chase Marriott Rewards Premier, Discover IT, Sony Visa, Barclay Arrival+ MC, Cabela Visa, Walmart SC, Amazon SC, Kohls, Diners Club Premier, PayPal Credit, PenFed Platinum Reward Visa, PenFed PLOC, Chase Ritz Carlton, Citi TY Premier, Amex BCP, Discover Miles, Care Credit, Blue Nile SC, iComfort SC, Cap1 Venture, Chase Hyatt, Lowes, US Bank Cash+, Citi Costco Visa
Message 2 of 4
9CLINE
Valued Contributor

Np

Mine was different:

I had the BCE with last CLi on 5/10/14 so limit was 13,200

on 7/15/14 I got the EDP (backdated to 2013) w/2,000 limit

forget actual date but sometime in Sept.-Oct. moved 3,200 over from BCE to EDP for CL of 5,500

So on 11/14/14 (6 mth from last CLI) did CLI request online for the EDP for 15,000 which was approved

That is how I did mine, I was told you can do the CLI on either of the cards since it's past the 180 day limit.

Good luck on your endeavour 

Message 3 of 4
buck_russell
New Contributor

@9CLINE wrote:

Np

Mine was different:

I had the BCE with last CLi on 5/10/14 so limit was 13,200

on 7/15/14 I got the EDP (backdated to 2013) w/2,000 limit

forget actual date but sometime in Sept.-Oct. moved 3,200 over from BCE to EDP for CL of 5,500

So on 11/14/14 (6 mth from last CLI) did CLI request online for the EDP for 15,000 which was approved

That is how I did mine, I was told you can do the CLI on either of the cards since it's past the 180 day limit.

Good luck on your endeavour 

Thanks, I was wondering if it'd work that way too.  Move 10k to the BCP (12K total), ask for 25k, then I'd have 30K total as opposed to 27K

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.