Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[update] blispay backlogged???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

[update] blispay backlogged???

update: finally got approved! got the email approval today, 7/6/16. 10k CL. thanks to all that contributed on this thread. 

----

i apped on the 15th and called immediatey as it wasn't an instant approval. called them 3 days ago and then again today and im being told the same - no decision yet. i know, i know, some lenders take a whole month to get a decision but this wasn't the case with blispay, at least when it first showed up here in MF. people were getting instant decisions. either a denial or an approval. the rare cases it went to pending were due to address issues or failing the phone verification.

perhaps they are backlogged right now?!? i made sure my credit profile was in top shape when i app - 797 Ex score, zero'ed all my balances except one, low inqs (1 in 6 mos, 3 in 12mos), no lates/baddies/derogs, perfect payments. it's baffling that i wasn't instantly approved. :/

oh well, i will keep you guys posted. if others are planning to app for a blispay card and get an instant decision, please be a doll and comment here. i'd like to see if they are really backlogged or if there is something in my profile that they don't like. tia!

Message 1 of 91
90 REPLIES 90
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: blispay backlogged???

I've got the same exact thing going on as you.  I apped on the 21st, so obviously it hasn't been as long as you.  I called the following day within the 5 day window to provide them with the verification info they needed.  Was told in 2-3 days there would be an "update" for me.  I called again to follow up yesterday, they told me to try back on Monday? 

After reading through tons of Blispay threads on here, I never saw anyone receive anything other than an approval or denial following the verification of info call which I thought was odd.  After reading your thread here though, it seems that this certainly wasn't an isolated incident.

It does make me feel a bit better as I apped with a 734 EX score and I thought that it was my score that was possibly too low that was holding my application back... but since you have a fantastic score and are experiencing the same thing I'm worried a little less about my score/profile now.  I'll definitely follow this thread and see if anyone else chimes in that's experienced this in the last week or so.  I'll be sure to report back in here if I get an update, which looks like may come several days to a week after you hear something...

Message 2 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Anyone else have an update on this?

Over in the CC forum someone started a Blispay thread where they received a DENIAL with an 816 pulled score.  I must say I'm a bit disheartened by this and it certainly adds quite a bit of worry to my pending application situation.

I feel like if this person was denied with 816, there's got to be a major reason why outside of their profile such as they simply can't take more applicants at this time or can't keep up with demand... ran out of funding... I don't know, something.  I do find it very odd that the OP in this thread and myself however with our scores in the 700's received a "sit tight and we'll let you know" response rather than a straight up denial like the person with the 816 score received immediately after applying.

Message 3 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just guessing here, but I am thinking they are backlogged. Good luck!

Message 4 of 91
CelticLady
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I've got the same exact thing going on as you.  I apped on the 21st, so obviously it hasn't been as long as you.  I called the following day within the 5 day window to provide them with the verification info they needed.  Was told in 2-3 days there would be an "update" for me.  I called again to follow up yesterday, they told me to try back on Monday? 

After reading through tons of Blispay threads on here, I never saw anyone receive anything other than an approval or denial following the verification of info call which I thought was odd.  After reading your thread here though, it seems that this certainly wasn't an isolated incident.

It does make me feel a bit better as I apped with a 734 EX score and I thought that it was my score that was possibly too low that was holding my application back... but since you have a fantastic score and are experiencing the same thing I'm worried a little less about my score/profile now.  I'll definitely follow this thread and see if anyone else chimes in that's experienced this in the last week or so.  I'll be sure to report back in here if I get an update, which looks like may come several days to a week after you hear something...

I had to do a call-in verification of the items on my credit report and then fax in address verification documents. I was then told they would get back to me with the result by mail. I waited several days and called again. The lady told me to wait 7-10 business days from when they received the faxed information and call back. I called on the 11th business day and another lady said it was still pending but initiated a follow-up to the department that was reviewing my information. She called me later that day to tell me I was approved. 

Call back after 10 business days and ask them to do a follow-up if they don't offer to do one. My guess is a large backlog is why things are taking so long. They don't appear to have a big enough staff. Especially when you can only call monday through friday 9-5 est...

Wells Fargo Propel / AMEX BCE / Cap1 QS WMC / Chase Freedom / Cap1 QS / Discover it / Cap1 QSO / Chase Amazon Visa / PayPal CBMC /
Message 5 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

I applied last night with a 743 ex score, 6 new accounts in the past 6 months and 14 inquires. (I believe 8 of those were from my car loan at the dealer last month). Instant approval for $3k.
Message 6 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I applied last night with a 743 ex score, 6 new accounts in the past 6 months and 14 inquires. (I believe 8 of those were from my car loan at the dealer last month). Instant approval for $3k.

Well, I guess this negates the theory that they aren't currently approving anyone.  Congrats on the approval however!  It does definitely leave me scratching my head, though, regarding my app as well as the other 2 that are currently in limbo...

Message 7 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CelticLady wrote:

Call back after 10 business days and ask them to do a follow-up if they don't offer to do one. My guess is a large backlog is why things are taking so long. They don't appear to have a big enough staff. Especially when you can only call monday through friday 9-5 est...

I would definitely say that their staff is small.  I've called 3 times on 3 different days and have always gotten the same person on the phone!

Message 8 of 91
RonM21
Valued Contributor

Seems like they would be backed up, but then again, seeing an.approval here. Who knows. On the post where BBS mentioned someone got a denial with an 816 score...that seems strange. I initially had interest in the card when it came out. But not so much for now.

Total CL: $321.7kUTL: 2%AAoA: 7.0yrsBaddies: 0Other: Lease, Loan, *No Mortgage, All Inq's from Jun '20 Car Shopping

BoA-55k | NFCU-45k | AMEX-42k | DISC-40.6k | PENFED-38.4k | LOWES-35k | ALLIANT-25k | CITI-15.7k | BARCLAYS-15k | CHASE-10k

Message 9 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

I wonder if scores sometimes can be "too good" for a creditor... I mean, the big talk about Blispay is that most think it isn't sustainable and that they are going to end up losing money and going away.  They're probably banking on people looking to use the 6 month financing but not paying it off in time and collecting interest from them.  Perhaps people with scores that are "too good" are looked at as unprofitable as they may be more inclined to PIF and not pay a penny of interest ever?  Who knows, I'm just trying to find some sort of reasoning here for something that clearly can't be reasoned.  lol.

Message 10 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.