Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[update] blispay backlogged???

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: blispay backlogged???

Add me to the limbo list.....I have been in purgatory for going on 3 weeks now. Called the next day after app...answered 2 questions and was told "Great, we will let you know"....Havent heard a peep. 749 Exp Fico8 @time of App.....

Message 21 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the most current tally is 5-5 on instant approvals verses in limbo potential accounts.

Has anyone that's gotten in with Blispay NOT received an instant approval?  I mean, has anyone gone through the state of limbo/waiting game process and come away with approval at the end or have they been denials?  I'm figuring both results have been rendered? 

Message 22 of 91
DonDraper
Established Member

I also don't remember anyone else saying they received a letter in the mail echoing the "please call us" website message, like I got.

Message 23 of 91
DonDraper
Established Member

So seeing in other threads that people with below-700 scores, recent BKs and tons of inquiries and new accounts are getting instant approvals, while people with excellent scores and solid profiles aren't even getting a response.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious I'm not Blispay's type. I'm writing this one off as a denial. What a waste of a hard. I thought this was a great product, but as the dust settles, it's starting to look more like Fingerhut or something. They're looking for people who will run up lots of big purchases and pay interest. I'm not that guy.

Message 24 of 91
Gmood1
Super Contributor

@DonDraper wrote:

So seeing in other threads that people with below-700 scores, recent BKs and tons of inquiries and new accounts are getting instant approvals, while people with excellent scores and solid profiles aren't even getting a response.

Yeah, it's pretty obvious I'm not Blispay's type. I'm writing this one off as a denial. What a waste of a hard. I thought this was a great product, but as the dust settles, it's starting to look more like Fingerhut or something. They're looking for people who will run up lots of big purchases and pay interest. I'm not that guy.

I wouldn't write them off just yet. You still may be approved. I've seen several go through verification before an approval.

Mine was instant, I'm not one of those folks that pay interest. I'm definitely going to run up some big purchses though. lol

They'll be more than dissappointed with me. Since I schedule a full payment 6 months out after every promotion posts.

Message 25 of 91
DonDraper
Established Member

@Gmood1 wrote:

@DonDraper wrote:

I wouldn't write them off just yet. You still may be approved. I've seen several go through verification before an approval.

Mine was instant, I'm not one of those folks that pay interest. I'm definitely going to run up some big purchses though. lol

They'll be more than dissappointed with me. Since I schedule a full payment 6 months out after every promotion posts.

My profile doesn't really fit with who's being approved, though. The people being denied or being left in limbo are closer to my profile. I guess it makes sense to approve people who seem like they might be profitable. Obviously people like you will slip through the cracks, but my credit profile screams "PAYS IN FULL. DOESN'T PAY A DIME OF INTEREST. AVOID AT ALL COSTS." Blispay's just not that into me. Smiley LOL 

Message 26 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

It's odd though, because there are people with 800-830 scores that HAVE been approved for Blispay.  There really just doesn't seem to be any consistency with it.

Every person that's been approved would have to list a ton of profile info (not just scores) if we were going to attempt to find any sort of pattern between the decisions being rendered.  For the most part, all we've been looking at are scores when there are dozens of pieces of information that go into making up those scores and an infinite amount of combinations of factors.

What exactly is the difference in real world instant approval (or denial) verses extended review prior to approval (or denial)?  With an instant decision, does your profile just go into a computer and based on it's contents a decision can be rendered, approval or denial immediately?  If you don't fall into the instant approval or denial category and get some sort of message that you're going to have to wait, is that when human beings start digging deeper into your profile?  Just trying to understand how this process works.

Message 27 of 91
DonDraper
Established Member

@Anonymous wrote:

It's odd though, because there are people with 800-830 scores that HAVE been approved for Blispay.  There really just doesn't seem to be any consistency with it.

Every person that's been approved would have to list a ton of profile info (not just scores) if we were going to attempt to find any sort of pattern between the decisions being rendered.  For the most part, all we've been looking at are scores when there are dozens of pieces of information that go into making up those scores and an infinite amount of combinations of factors.

What exactly is the difference in real world instant approval (or denial) verses extended review prior to approval (or denial)?  With an instant decision, does your profile just go into a computer and based on it's contents a decision can be rendered, approval or denial immediately?  If you don't fall into the instant approval or denial category and get some sort of message that you're going to have to wait, is that when human beings start digging deeper into your profile?  Just trying to understand how this process works.

That's why I gave more info than just my scores. My profile would be approved for just about anything else. Blispay just doesn't think I'd be a good customer for them. Probably because I don't appear to really "need" them. Which I don't. In retrospect, it's a good business decision for them.

I'll continue to follow this out of curiosity of course, but having already come to terms with the wasted hard, I don't care much about getting the card anymore. 

Message 28 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

With a new company it may not just be about your profile. It may have to do with the lenders available funds or portofolio. Early on everyone could get in because they had the funds to leand. Maybe now thier reserves are running low so they are slowing down. Maybe they are waiting on additional reserves / funding before moving forward on approvals and selectivly holding off on higher limit approvals. So maybe, you are just holding for funding to give you that 12K approval?

Message 29 of 91
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had others not been approved for $4k and $5k (lower) SL's in the last 2-3 days on this forum I'd say your theory could be pretty strong... but with all of the approvals littered in between the pending applications it would seem to me that their funding is still there.  Without question they are being more "selective" though.

Message 30 of 91
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.