Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weird synchrony situation...

tag
JcT21
Frequent Contributor

weird synchrony situation...

i made a post about my recent PP world mastercard approval in the approvals section.

now, obviously that approval should mean im off their blacklist. maybe??    when i tried to prequal for an amazon store card & lowes i get the same application denial ive been getting the past 5 years.  "prior unsatisfactory accounts with synchrony bank".

so do banks blacklist certain cards in their system or does a blacklist cover all products by the bank?   amazon & lowes were IIB,   but so was PP mastercard i was just approved for.  $6.5k SL. 

thoughts??

fico scores - March 2024:
TU - 727 | EX - 732 | EQ - 736 |
TCL - 168K - UTIL - less than 1%
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Re: weird synchrony situation...

@JcT21 wrote:

i made a post about my recent PP world mastercard approval in the approvals section.

now, obviously that approval should mean im off their blacklist. maybe??    when i tried to prequal for an amazon store card & lowes i get the same application denial ive been getting the past 5 years.  "prior unsatisfactory accounts with synchrony bank".

so do banks blacklist certain cards in their system or does a blacklist cover all products by the bank?   amazon & lowes were IIB,   but so was PP mastercard i was just approved for.  $6.5k SL. 

thoughts??

SYNCB may be the UW for a variety of PLCCs, but just because you clear the hurdle with one particular credit partner it doesn't mean SYNCB will open the doors for other accounts that you may have had a negative past relationship and/or IIB. SYNCB and Comenity/CCB/BF follow similar guidelines on specific BLs to any of their PLCCs, whereas other traditional lenders have an overarching BL.

All you can do is keep trying their pre-approval tool over time as your profile ages. There is no rhyme or reason as to when they'll give you a welcome mat on the others, plus it's possible that they feel comfortable lending you ~$6K for now versus extending additional credit on the others.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.