Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3x BOA (Not Amex) CLI!!!

tag
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Re: 3x BOA (Not Amex) CLI!!!

@davesignal. We currently rent and its at $1500 split between me and my wife its $750 Smiley Happy .

@HiLine. I guess. She seemed really surprised though. As if it was her first day and I was the first person she spoke with who asked me such a high increase. Iono...
Message 11 of 26
snowkitty
Established Contributor

Congrats! I have nothing but love for boa!! In 9 months I went from having the 99/500 card with them to it being upgraded to a 5k visa signature!!
TU Fico 714 | Sesame 742 | Credit Karma 762 | Wal-Mart FICO 734 | EX FICO 695 (1/28/13) | EQ 740 (3-21-13)

Amex Blue Sky 7.2k | Amex BCE 13.1k | Citi Diamond Preferred 10.2k | CSP 5k | Bofa Cash 9k | Boa Travel 10k | Discover More 3k | Chase SW 5k | Wal-Mart 3.3k | Amazon 5k | Old Navy Visa 5k | Shell 1200 | BP 400 | VS 1500 | Sam's Discover 8.5k | FNBO Amex 16k | Chase Freedom 1.3k | Home Depot 5k | Brylane Homes 1600 | BML 2820

App free since 12/11/13*
Message 12 of 26
knoregs
Established Contributor

Congrats!

~kn

EQ: 700 (FICO ScoreWatch) 11/26/14
EX: ??? (No Current)
TU: 681 (Discover FICO) 11/12/14

Last App 9/22/14... In Garden 'till Summer '15
Message 13 of 26
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

Bsong wrote:
@DaveSignal. We currently rent and its at $1500 split between me and my wife its $750 Smiley Happy .

@HiLine. I guess. She seemed really surprised though. As if it was her first day and I was the first person she spoke with who asked me such a high increase. Iono...

I am thinking about doing that too, since I live with my wife.  My rent is almost $2000.  My wife doesn't actually pay any part of this, but she is technically a co-applicant on the lease, so she is just as responsible for paying it as me.  Due to this, I am trying to rationalize that I can say my rent owed is $1000. 

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 14 of 26
HiLine
Blogger

@DaveSignal wrote:

Bsong wrote:
@DaveSignal. We currently rent and its at $1500 split between me and my wife its $750 Smiley Happy .

I am thinking about doing that too, since I live with my wife.  My rent is almost $2000.  My wife doesn't actually pay any part of this, but she is technically a co-applicant on the lease, so she is just as responsible for paying it as me.  Due to this, I am trying to rationalize that I can say my rent owed is $1000. 

Since you and your wife live together you should declare household income.

How much of a credit limit increase are you going to ask for? As long as your family income is in the six digits you should be able to get a total credit limit of 15k or more.

Message 15 of 26
Bsong
Regular Contributor

Thank You, thank you...

This morning, I logged onto to my boa account and checked my avail credit again just to make sure I wasn't just dreaming. It's really a great feeling. For me its not really about just getting a high limit on a card (India I know some people have lines of $40k + but for me $15k feels like a $100k limit) instead,its more satisfying knowing that my credit has come to the point where I can get instant approvals and banks will start chasing after me (for the right reasons and not to collect)....

My credit was crushed 10 years ago and I didn't have anything as far as credit until 2012.
Message 16 of 26
HiLine
Blogger

@Bsong wrote:
Thank You, thank you...

This morning, I logged onto to my boa account and checked my avail credit again just to make sure I wasn't just dreaming. It's really a great feeling. For me its not really about just getting a high limit on a card (India I know some people have lines of $40k + but for me $15k feels like a $100k limit) instead,its more satisfying knowing that my credit has come to the point where I can get instant approvals and banks will start chasing after me (for the right reasons and not to collect)....

My credit was crushed 10 years ago and I didn't have anything as far as credit until 2012.

15k limit on one card is a huge milestone indeed! Congratulations! You have come a long way to where you are standing now. The dark ages are over! Smiley Wink

Message 17 of 26
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@davesignal ... I do want to add a few things on what I have done with Boa.. When I paid my balance in full month to month it was on multiple payments. For example, June I had a balance of $1500 (all my amounts stated were rounded up in case your wondering) I paid $500 each Friday until PIF.
Message 18 of 26
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@hiline.... Thank you again. And yes the dark ages have certainly passed. I'm not an emotional dude but damn I was near tearing up when it hit me last night (checked my boa account before sleeping also) ...

I haven't even told my wife. Cuz her credit has always been great and didn't seem to understand why I was always on myfico.com and got excited when approved.
Message 19 of 26
Bsong
Regular Contributor

@armbenderc I just got the notication today from credit karma. Hit in TU. Hopeing thats the only pull.
Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.