Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

7 CARDS IN 45 DAYS!!!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

7 CARDS IN 45 DAYS!!!

Im done I have to be done, my poor report lol!

Little timeline and stats....

21 Years Old, 40k Income, Started With one credit card with US Bank a little over a year ago (Cash Plus, $1.5k) before that I had ZERO tradelines. Effectively didnt have a report or score, About 3 months of paying on time with that one card brought my score up to 699.

After about 6 months of my first approval with US Bank I apped for the (365 Amex) was instantly approved for $5k was so happy about that lol. At this time my score was about 720 +/-. Fast Forward about 6 months after my second US Bank card I got hip to sign up bonuses on these cards and became obsessed with strategizing how to get the most money without spending more that I would already or the bonuses wouldnt really be bonuses.

#1 I cold apped to Wells Fargo for the Cash Wise instantly approved $2.5k no prior relationship with them at this point had no idea what I was doing cold apping to a stingy bank by all odds should have been denied.
#2 Cold apped Capital One QuickSilver they instantly approved me $1k
#3 Cold apped Amex Cash Magnet instantly approved $2k
At this point my scores dropped to 700 even across all three so I decided to ask my dad to put me on as an AU on his chase Card to get my score back up it did checked EX Fico 8 after his card took to my report and it was a 787 lol!
#4 Penfed Cash Rewards pending had to call in to verify a few details, approved $2k
#5 3 days later I apped for the Penfed Pathfinder card was denied called to recon rep told me she could only approve me for $1k said that was fine and hung up. A day later I got a email stating I was approved for the Pathfinder for $10k with 15% APR!!!!
#6 Cold apped for Citizens 1.8% Mastercard instantly approved $5k No prior relationship
#7 Just tonight I cold apped Huntington for the Voice Card Instantly approved for $7k !!!!!!! No prior relationship.

On my previous posts people were telling me to slow down as Im looking to aggresive, I didnt really care because I dont need credit I never carry a balance so if my score is 500 or 850 it really doesnt matter as I own a newer car outright and have no plans of buying a house in the next few years so I have created 10 credit card base that I am going to garden until I start getting pre approvals from Citi for that sweet Double Cash. All reports are now frozen and I am in the "garden" now the fun will be getting CLI's am I weird for doing this as a hobby ?

As it sits my scores have really been hit lol 715 TU 718 EQ 738 EX with an average of 6 inqs on each report.

Im just proud that most of them are prime cards I have no co branded or rebuilding cards I dont know what about my report these lenders like because my AAoA is lacking significantly...

END Rant!

Edit; This is not to say I havent been denied, I have been denied for the Citi Double Cash and Discover IT during these approvals Discover is a joke they pulled my EQ which had 3 inqs and the letter said my EQ score when pulled was 765 lol wont ever app for a Discover again.

Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: 7 CARDS IN 45 DAYS!!!

Amazing! I love seeing posts where people are toying with the banks instead of the other way around. If you don't need credit and are just doing it as a hobby, I think that is a great position to be in, and something many people envy!

Congrats on all the approvals.

Message 2 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you! Smiley Happy
Message 3 of 32
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

glitter-clipart-fantastic-work-16.gifSounds like a plan to me, I wish i were young again!!!!!!

Message 4 of 32
biglista88
Regular Contributor

Congratulations on all your cards! You’re firmly in the drivers seat. Keep it that way.
REBUILD STARTED (AGAIN) 9/1/2023

Current Scores 4/4/24

“Breathing new life into a dead credit file”
Message 5 of 32
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Games are fun....until you lose.

Congrats on all your success. I still say do credit on your own, you dont need to be AU on your dads cards but to each our own.

7 cards in less than 2 months, be careful. You play that with Chase , Barclays, Sync or Comenity there can be real consequences. Best of luck on your journeySmiley Happy
Message 6 of 32
Medic981
Valued Contributor

Welcome to the Garden.

Your FICO credit scores are not just numbers, it’s a skill.
Message 7 of 32
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats 

Message 8 of 32
Anonymous
Not applicable

Had to go for that Chase Amazon card..............30 day pending message. Called EO says it looks like its held in verification and to call this Monday and I should be good to go ! Now im done, now im done!

Message 9 of 32
chhull00
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Had to go for that Chase Amazon card..............30 day pending message. Called EO says it looks like its held in verification and to call this Monday and I should be good to go ! Now im done, now im done!

YEA,YEA

Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.