cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Valued Member

Re: AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN

Hey guys i got further good news!!!

 

Citi just made an SP CLI of 6,500 to put my AAdvantage Platinum Select at 16,5K!!!

I have it since June i believe. 

 

And, i think they might even sweeten that SP a little bit more as i talked with Customer Service that i expected the Limit increase to be a little bit larger.. I only told CS that no hardpulls, that only do if it an SP only. 

 

I was not sure if the CLI of 6.5K was good so i had to research! Saw a bigger one of 8,000 CLI but happy with mines! 

Message 11 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN


@Deuter wrote:

Hey guys i got further good news!!!

 

Citi just made an SP CLI of 6,500 to put my AAdvantage Platinum Select at 16,5K!!!

I have it since June i believe. 

 

And, i think they might even sweeten that SP a little bit more as i talked with Customer Service that i expected the Limit increase to be a little bit larger.. I only told CS that no hardpulls, that only do if it an SP only. 

 

I was not sure if the CLI of 6.5K was good so i had to research! Saw a bigger one of 8,000 CLI but happy with mines! 


Congrats again! Citi definitely likes you.

 

As far as SP or HP, I'm not sure if that matters in your case since you don't have a SSN or ITIN. I'm still wondering how they'd create a credit profile for you without either. Have you tried to look at your own reports?

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | PenFed | SYNCB (PP 2%, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 12 of 24
Established Contributor

Re: AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN

Just a little curious here. Why don't you have an SSN? How did you show your income? I know to work anywhere in USA you have to have an SSN. Isn't that correct? 

 

The SP/HP still applies on the report, since in this case the OP's report was built by bureaus on name, address, date of birth, employment history (not sure how to get employed without SSN)





Shell FCU : 5K, BBVACompass Express Loan : $35000
Message 13 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN


@sghosh5 wrote:

Just a little curious here. Why don't you have an SSN? How did you show your income? I know to work anywhere in USA you have to have an SSN. Isn't that correct? 

 

The SP/HP still applies on the report, since in this case the OP's report was built by bureaus on name, address, date of birth, employment history (not sure how to get employed without SSN)


I think she already answered those questions before. She's not a US citizen or Resident. She was able to get the Citi card based on banking relationship alone, and something about Citi Global Client. She doesn't reside in the US either.

 

How would a person have a credit report without using an identifier like SSN or ITIN? If you try to pull your own reports, you have to provide that, no? That's why I don't think a HP or SP matters because there's nothing to pull. 

It appears that Citi and AMEX issue credit cards to people from other countries without having to reside in the US, but I still wonder how one builds a credit profile. I'm honestly curious because I could possibly help others in a similar situation.

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | PenFed | SYNCB (PP 2%, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 14 of 24
Valued Member

Re: AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN

Truthfully i think that the most correct thing to think is that SP or HP don't exist for me as you told there's nothing to pull. I just know i have a FICO 8 Bankcard per this month of 713 per checking Citibank's website FICO service. I hope that it could possibly go up for next month because of the CLI?

 

I think, i believe i don't have a credit profile on the bureau's as i called Equifax and Experian and they couldn't find anything per home address Smiley Sad. Maybe something pops out later who knows? Or maybe with an AMEX it can start reporting?

 

All i know is that got targeted with mailers for the AAdvantage Platinum card that i have. I have been been American Airlines frequent flyer for 8 years and have received the mailers in my US address for 2 years prior. Until i finally decided to apply. I also recently have started getting mailers for Capital One under my name, for the Capital One Plat card, but i really prefer to stick better with traditionals banks. 

 

I have had a Citi relationship since 2011 that i have been Citigold all the time until where there was the change to the program with higher requirements and got downgraded to Citi Priority. I applied for the card as Citi Priority, and had to email my personal banker my proof of income. I emailed the income i perceived abroad that was almost 200K as i have never worked in the US and live in other place. I don't think this has anything to do but the branch where i applied is very wealthy, the area and where my address is. Also the card was issued under my second last name which i found weird. I have 2 last names and use both, mostly the first one because it is the main one but my card came only with my second last name that i never use, in the rare case that i use it for official documentation i only abbreviate it with the starting letter. Though the strange thing is my card came with my first name and only my second last name which i would never spell my name that way.

 

This is even more abstract but my second last name family have many business in the area and probably they checked that?

 

For the next poster, i have never worked in the US so i never had an SSN. I'm a tourist in other words. 

 

Message 15 of 24
Contributor

Re: AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN

The question about how credit profile is built is through name, address, DoB.
Message 16 of 24
Valued Contributor

Re: AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN


@Deuter wrote:

Truthfully i think that the most correct thing to think is that SP or HP don't exist for me as you told there's nothing to pull. I just know i have a FICO 8 Bankcard per this month of 713 per checking Citibank's website FICO service. I hope that it could possibly go up for next month because of the CLI?

 

I think, i believe i don't have a credit profile on the bureau's as i called Equifax and Experian and they couldn't find anything per home address Smiley Sad. Maybe something pops out later who knows? Or maybe with an AMEX it can start reporting?

 


Citi uses Equifax to provide your score, so you definitely have a profile there. My understanding is that it takes a few months to generate a score, and you just got approved, so I don't know. I'm no expert so maybe someone else can explain the existance of a credit score even before having any credit in your name. Have you ever got a loan or any other type of credit at all?

 


@Deuter wrote:

I have had a Citi relationship since 2011 that i have been Citigold all the time until where there was the change to the program with higher requirements and got downgraded to Citi Priority. I applied for the card as Citi Priority, and had to email my personal banker my proof of income. I emailed the income i perceived abroad that was almost 200K as i have never worked in the US and live in other place. I don't think this has anything to do but the branch where i applied is very wealthy, the area and where my address is. Also the card was issued under my second last name which i found weird. I have 2 last names and use both, mostly the first one because it is the main one but my card came only with my second last name that i never use, in the rare case that i use it for official documentation i only abbreviate it with the starting letter. Though the strange thing is my card came with my first name and only my second last name which i would never spell my name that way.

 


As far as the way your name appears on the card, I have a theory. I could be wrong, but I've seen this happen before. In the US, we typically use First Name, Middle Name (if you have one) and Last Name (only one). If you have 2 Last Names, there's a good chance they confused your first Last Name with a Middle Name and left it out. Then, they took your First Name and added your second Last Name and printed the card like that. 

Sort of like this: Mary Joseph Smith. They think Joseph is your Middle Name -- not your Last Name, so they leave it out when printing the card and you end up with a card that says, Mary Smith. 

That could've happened when they filled out the application by typing in the wrong sections too. Whether that's what happened or not, I'm pretty sure you can get that corrected anyway.

 


@Deuter wrote:

This is even more abstract but my second last name family have many business in the area and probably they checked that?

 


Definitely not. Your personal finances would have nothing to do with that family relationship.

AMEX | BofA | Barclays | Cap One | Chase | Citi | Discover | PenFed | SYNCB (PP 2%, Lowe's, Amazon, PP Credit) | US Bank
Message 17 of 24
Valued Member

Re: AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN

Thanks , so i went to Citi today and mystery solved.

 

I was given a piece of paper that says very explicitely that they have some sort of program for International customers. I was told by the branch manager that because i have a relationship with Citi and i have more than 3 months with an account that i can apply. So there you go folks.

 

He told me i had all the paperwork and that he would only need an updated proof of income. He printed me a sheet of paper with the eligible cards. I also find weird that it says the AAdvantage Executive is $350 AF., but i still don't want that card. 

 

I will attach the document link so you guys can read. I told him if those were the actual signup bonuses and thats what he said. 

Click here

 

I don't know if i'll get approved or if i don't get approved i'll go to "build credit" with AMEX. So yes, now you guys see it is possible to get Citi CC too without SSN/ITIN. I hope this has been useful to some. 

Message 18 of 24
Mega Contributor

Re: AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN


@Deuter wrote:

Thanks , so i went to Citi today and mystery solved.

 

I was given a piece of paper that says very explicitely that they have some sort of program for International customers. I was told by the branch manager that because i have a relationship with Citi and i have more than 3 months with an account that i can apply. So there you go folks.

 

He told me i had all the paperwork and that he would only need an updated proof of income. He printed me a sheet of paper with the eligible cards. I also find weird that it says the AAdvantage Executive is $350 AF., but i still don't want that card. 

 

I will attach the document link so you guys can read. I told him if those were the actual signup bonuses and thats what he said. 

Click here

 

I don't know if i'll get approved or if i don't get approved i'll go to "build credit" with AMEX. So yes, now you guys see it is possible to get Citi CC too without SSN/ITIN. I hope this has been useful to some. 


So this sounds like Citi's version of Amex Global Transfer.  Makes sense for international banks to do this!

Message 19 of 24
Valued Member

Re: AAdvantage Platinum Select - Approved without SSN

Now when i go to the bank i won't feel as i'm doing anything "Sneaky" trying to get a CC lol!

 

Any way, i think.. i am thinking that if i get approved the Prestige to downgrade this one to no AF. 

My mind can't decide on which one to downgrade: Costco Visa, AA MilesUp, Rewards+. I think i'm already rulling out the Double cash, not sure why. 

 

 

Message 20 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.