Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX APPROVED

tag
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

AMEX APPROVED

So last night I really began to think could I justify the annual fee on my PRG and I could so I went and cold apped for the Amex Everyday Prefered and went through some questions and was approved for 10k with no hard pull is this normal ?

Amex Ex score is a 720

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX APPROVED

@Harvey26 wrote:

So last night I really began to think could I justify the annual fee on my PRG and I could so I went and cold apped for the Amex Everyday Prefered and went through some questions and was approved for 10k with no hard pull is this normal ?

Amex Ex score is a 720

Congrats on the approval.  There will be a hard pull.  Either it just hasn't shown up yet or you're looking in the wrong place.

Message 2 of 19
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

Amex Ex score is a 720

Congrats on the approval.  There will be a hard pull.  Either it just hasn't shown up yet or you're looking in the wrong place.

But all my credit reports are frozen. 

Amex ED: 7K, Delta Gold Amex: 7K Macys Amex: 8K , Bloomingdales Amex: 1K , BOA Premium Rewards: 59.9K , Best Buy Visa: 7K , Banana Republic Mastercard: 5K Target Store Card: 2K VACU Mastercard: 11.5K Discover: 25K, Penfed Platinum Rewards: 12.5K, Apple Card:3K, TD Double Up: 15K,
Message 3 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

Amex Ex score is a 720

Very strange.  Either Amex still did a HP because they are an existing creditor or you got lucky and they used a SP.  Where are you looking to see if a HP was done?

Message 4 of 19
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

Amex Ex score is a 720

Very strange.  Either Amex still did a HP because they are an existing creditor or you got lucky and they used a SP.  Where are you looking to see if a HP was done?

Amex usually pulls EX for me

Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

Amex Ex score is a 720

No I know that they pull EX but how are you determining that they didn't pull a report?

Message 6 of 19
Harvey26
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Harvey26 wrote:

Amex Ex score is a 720

No I know that they pull EX but how are you determining that they didn't pull a report?

I have no alert that they did

Message 7 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval - sometimes the alerts are delayed, I've had that happen before.  It's on my report but the alert comes a day or two later.  It would be awesome if they SP'd you, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats on the approval - sometimes the alerts are delayed, I've had that happen before.  It's on my report but the alert comes a day or two later.  It would be awesome if they SP'd you, I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!

This.  When I was approved for another Amex recently, I logged into my Experian account the same day and saw the inquiry on there.  I didn't get an alert from them or from myFico until the next day.  So I wouldn't assume it's a SP just yet.  

Message 9 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

How could Amex hard pull OP if all of OP's reports are frozen?

Congratulations on you approval!

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.