Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PenFed

tag
Appleman
Valued Contributor

PenFed

Over the weekend I applied to joing PenFed as my inquiries are already on the high side Eq - 8 Tu - 9 and Ex - 12. I knew it would be a HP on Eq and thought I would at least get them as a CU before I once again tried to find the garden. Was given membership, opened a saving and checking. Pretty nice set up. As I logged off there was a pop-up to apply for their CC. I thought, no way as I have been a bit crazy with the apps lately. I read various forums regarding PenFed and that they were inquiry sensitive etc, but I decided I already had the HP so why not. 

Application was accepted and immediately said being refered to loan officer. I really thought that was it and would not blame them given the recent app spree. Received an email Saturday night saying that I had conditional approval and to log into my account. I did and the system had requested my last 2 paystubs. I loaded them in Saturday night.

Monday morning I received the congratulations and that I needed to sign into my account again. Once there I had the choice to accept the offer of $10,000 at 10.5% and digitally sign the acceptance document. 

I am now wondering if I should refinance an auto with PenFed that is at 5.125%. Guess I will call them in the morning and see if I can apply with the same initial HP.

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
ddemari
Super Contributor

Re: PenFed

Congrats! I believe you can apply with the same hard pull for the auto loan. If you call and do it, make sure to let them know you want them to use the same hard pull. I'd just do it online.
Message 2 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations!! welcome to penfed family!! It will be same HP. But as usual just call and confirm with them, you never know!

Message 3 of 20
fullstackdev
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on the nice approval with PenFed! They've been on my list for years.
Mar 2017: EQ 733 80 INQ | TU 768 42 INQ | EX 755 80 INQ || AMEX PRG | AMEX BGR | USAA Rewards VS $17K | USAA NAMF AMEX $15K | SECU Visa $10K | Cap1 V1 (AU) $45.75K | AMEX BCE (AU) $10K | Marvel MC $25K | Walmart MC $10K | Freedom $12.2K | USAA Cash Rewards VS $18K | Walmart SC $25K | PENFED CR $9K | AMEX EDP $24K | Banana Republic SC $10K | MECU $10K | Amazon SC $25K | Barclays Apple Rewards $10K | J. Crew $13.6K | Cap1 PlayStation $3K | Cap1 QS1 $2.6K | Business: AMEX Green NPSL | AMEX SimplyCash $2K | AMEX Blue for Business $3K | Cap1 Spark Visa $7.5K | Amazon Rev. $2.5K | Amazon PIF (No PG) $1K | Walmart (No PG) $2.5K | Chase Marriott Business $30K | Chase Ink $14K
Message 4 of 20
alextercero
Super Contributor

Congrats

Current Credit Cards

Currently rebuilding as of (May 2021)

Current Fico Scores 8/9: (April 2024)

Credit Age:

Inquiries:

Message 5 of 20
pc01user
Frequent Contributor

Impressive! Congrats

Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! They did use a 2nd HP for me for my auto loan. I wanted a larger loan amount than what they initially offered, so I ok'd the 2nd HP...I would ask just in case... Great CU!!! I have 2 cc's and an auto with them...

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats
Message 8 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

congrats on getting in very well with PenFed! I need to look at them later this year or next year...

Message 9 of 20
Anomalous
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

Keep both your credit and your body in top shape!

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.