KingRue8500
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX BCP Approval

Congrats on your AMEX BCP approval

Message 15 of 20
Jordan23ww
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval! I really love this card! Hopefully as you use and pay off the card you'll be able to get your desired limit soon.

Try to check the free Fico score Amex provides you before applying for a limit increase or new cards. They soft pull for those requests after you've gotten your first statement. The score used can be 1 to 2 months old. So by checking that Fico score you'll know your what score they will be using for their decision. I once applied for a limit increase because my score on MyFico had shot up but Amex was still using an old score and they denied my CLI because of my Fico score.   Best wishes to you when you ask! 

Message 16 of 20
Mr_Mojo_Risin
Senior Contributor

You're gonna load up on that 6%, enjoy it, congratulations.

NFCU More Rewards 28K CL
NFCU Cash Rewards 16K CL
Citi Custom Cash 7.5K CL
AODFCU Visa Sig 5K CL
Discover IT 2.5K CL
Capital One QS 3600 CL
Message 17 of 20
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your BCP approval 

Message 18 of 20
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!!

Message 19 of 20
comebackkid15
Regular Contributor

@GatorsFan84 wrote:

Recently been thinking about app'ing to Amex but was waiting for some balances to clear on my reports.  I have been checking amex prequal everyday.  First I was preapproved for the hotel cards but I really wanted the BCP.  Finally today I checked the prequal and was appoved for pretty much every amex card including gold and plat cards and BCP.  I apped for BCP and was approved but only $1000 SL so I'm happy but a little dissapointed with the SL.

Just yesterday I checked the FNBO prequal site and was preapporved for $11600 but I didn't take it because I've read it's not a guarantee as much and a lot of people get declined even though they were preapproved with FNBO.

So what is the best way to get the Amex SL to grow? I plan on making the BCP my everyday card and paying it off prob twice a month.

Also my data points are I had a BK back in 2016 and all 3 scored are 690's.

Congrats on making the Amex Party! Smiley Tongue

Considering your score showing now (nice, btw) the $1k limit isn't that unusal; 'Welcome to Amex' scores for Amex *usually* start at 645, with +/- 15pts "fudge factor' and other datum.

As for growing the CLI, I'd suggest waiting at least 6+ months with good cycles of usage/PIF if the card will be your daily driver. Otherwise, try to use 30% or less of CL and set-up AutoPay (take advantage of the 6% cashback from Streaming is VERY nice perk).

You still (may) wanna wait at least 6+ cycles before trying the 3X CLI stragedy, but YMMV.

BUT, good news is that when you're ready for an additonal Amex, it'll be a SP process. But I'd think you'll get better pre-quals from them if you 'grow' this card with a few cycles of usage/PIF first. Smiley Wink

Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.