cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Credit limit increase Successs!!!

tag
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: AMEX Credit limit increase Successs!!!

Always use the Gmood1 method with Amex, NO FEARSmiley Happy 3X OR BUSTSmiley Wink

*for any posters who thinks this isnt responsible advice, this is an inside joke/ advice between members that i subscribe to. Ymmv as always

Smiley Wink
Message 11 of 28
Isacking97
Regular Contributor

wrote:
Always use the Gmood1 method with Amex, NO FEARSmiley Happy 3X OR BUSTSmiley Wink

*for any posters who thinks this isnt responsible advice, this is an inside joke/ advice between members that i subscribe to. Ymmv as always

Smiley Wink

and with Discover? Jajaja

Starting Score:EX: 713 EQ: 698
Message 12 of 28
Gmood1
Super Contributor

wrote:

Smiley Wink

AJC..you had me rolling with that one! lol

Message 13 of 28
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

wrote:

Today I requested a credit line increase afther reducing my balance with amex, ask a 5,700 increase (4.3 k to 10K) and was approved instanly

Total credit limit with AMEX: 16K

AMEX FICO EX: 746

amex credit limit increase.png

Nice on the 5.7k, But you definitely should have asked for the 12.9k.

If they didnt want you to have the 2.9k or anything in between, they would have countered. 

Message 14 of 28
Gregory1776
Valued Contributor

wrote:

wrote:

Congrats!

When was your last Amex CLI request?  Why didn't you go for 3X CLI?

Thanks, because I don't what to get close to the 24K limit with AMEX, after that number they start asking for tax and income info, 16K is fine for me for now!!

The last credit limit I requested was on june and was denied because of high utilization in one of my accounts

Hmmm....good to know. I got a high balance on my Discover, and carrying a balance (0%) for another 6 weeks on Amex too...

Message 15 of 28
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

OP: Congrats on the increase. And for every saying he should have jumped on the 3x opportunity--there's nothing wrong with taking it slow and steady either. I was approved 3 years ago for my BCE at $10K and after having it a little over a year went to $17K-->$24K-->30K-->and just recently $34.5K instead of trying for $30K right out of the gate. Just depends on how much you feel you think you need at the time of the CLI.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 16 of 28
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Lol, C-H, good point tooSmiley Happy. Even though we like to say go for max, with Amex, building history can be just as important and knowing you may be years with them, taking time is excellent advice.

Dang i just realized, had i not gone bk 7 in 07, id be a 20 year Amex member Smiley Wink.
Message 17 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome increase.  Congrats!!!

Message 18 of 28
morgacj2004
Valued Contributor

Do any of you know if it is true or not that AX will not give a CLI of any kind with a BK still reporting. I tried getting the 3xCLI on my AX BCP card and was denied (on line) due to a BK still showing?  Is it worth calling them about?

AX Hilton Aspire 20k, AX Bonvoy Brilliant 15k, AX BCP 2k, AX Blue Bus Cash 15k, AX Delta Air Platinum 49k, (AU) AX Delta Gold 15k, AX Amazon Prime Bus 25k, BC Uber 29k, AKUSA FCU -10k , CITI AAdvantage Exec World Elite MC 16.5k, Discover (2) 16k, Kohls-4k, VS Comenity $3k, BofA AK Air Siggy 9.8k, WF Propel AX 5k, JCP $10k PFCU Plat Rewards Siggy 39.5k, PFCU Power Cash Rewards AX 10.5k, NFCU Flagship 50k, CLOC 15k, CITI Costco 9.5k, GAP VISA Synchrony $9k,Target MC 9k, Ulta MC Comenity 9k, Pay Pal 1k, CO Venture One 23k, US Bank Radisson Rewards Signature 10k, US Bank Fred Meyers World MC, 11k, US Bank Plat VISA 15.7k, VS Comenity 2k, 240k total available credit. Utiliz-2%, Current FICO EQ-724, EX 763,TU 802 ,Chapt 7 BK D/C 11-2012. Starting scores 520-550
Message 19 of 28
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Wish I had a solid answer for you Morgacj2004.
I had a foreclosure on my files when I joined Amex. Hopefully someone here has experience with that.
Message 20 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.