cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Gold Card for Ameriprise

Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Gold Card for Ameriprise

I have had good success with AMEX revolvers, so I thought I'd try an AMEX charge card.  Instant approval. To be fair, I thought it was a version of the PRG but it has different rewards, but such is life.  I have never earned any MR points in the past, so this is my first foray in that direction.  25,000 points for $1000 spend.

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Re: AMEX Gold Card for Ameriprise

Congrats on your approval , any data points you can provide !!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 2 of 11
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

FAKO 715, AAoA 2.5 years, 13 month history with AMEX, started with a $1k limit on a Delta Gold, now have $3k on Delta Gold, $3k BCP, $7k Cash Magnet and this new Gold card, 12% util, $146500 total CLs, $195k income.

Message 3 of 11
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Thanks for quick replied very nice total CL

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 4 of 11
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the new card & thanks for the DP! Cat Happy

Message 5 of 11
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 665, EQ- 670
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 6 of 11
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

So I got the card Saturday, added it to my existing online profile and they offered POT right off the bat.  I was under the impression that they only offer that once you've had the card for some period of time.  Is this unusual?  

Message 7 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

@cincydavid wrote:

So I got the card Saturday, added it to my existing online profile and they offered POT right off the bat.  I was under the impression that they only offer that once you've had the card for some period of time.  Is this unusual?  

When I added my Amex Platinum it also asked immediately if I wanted to enroll right off the bat, so that sounds about right. Congrats on the card!

Message 8 of 11
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval.

Regarding POT, it’s profile specific when it’s offered. Some get it immediately while others are offered it after some usage.

Beginning Journey April 2017 – FICO 8

Current Scores May 2018 – FICO 8

Started this credit game with $8400 TCL in 04/17 now I'm at $150K+.
Message 9 of 11
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

It's YMMV. Some lucky cardholders are offered the POT option with MR points - I'm definitely going to hold out until I receive an offer before I enroll.

Les murs ont des oreilles .
Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.