Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Hilton HHonors approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

AMEX Hilton HHonors approved

I love Hilton hotels and have been an HHonors member for quite some time, but have been a little cautious about getting an HHonors credit card.  For some reason today I decided to bite the bullet and applied (I currently have a BCE and a Delta Gold with AMEX).  Instant approval for $2800, which I'm okay with.  It's less than the current $6K I have on the BCE, but signficantly more useful than the piddly $1K I have on the Delta.  I get 50K HHonors points for only a $750 spend in the first three months, 7x points on purchases through Hilton portfolio hotels, 5x points in restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations and 3x points on everything else.  For data point, my EX score is 680 and I have less than 10% util. on the two AMEX cards, with around 15% util. across all cards.  

I have a question that hopefully the forum can answer:  since I recently got a 3x CLI on the BCE, do I have to wait the full six months to ask for a CLI on this new card?  I know how it works for existing accounts, but I'm just not sure where it lands with new cards.  

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Hilton HHonors approved

Congrats! That's a great offer for the Hilton card with minimal spend. I'm sure your limit will grow generously over time.
Message 2 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I love Hilton hotels and have been an HHonors member for quite some time, but have been a little cautious about getting an HHonors credit card.  For some reason today I decided to bite the bullet and applied (I currently have a BCE and a Delta Gold with AMEX).  Instant approval for $2800, which I'm okay with.  It's less than the current $6K I have on the BCE, but signficantly more useful than the piddly $1K I have on the Delta.  I get 50K HHonors points for only a $750 spend in the first three months, 7x points on purchases through Hilton portfolio hotels, 5x points in restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations and 3x points on everything else.  For data point, my EX score is 680 and I have less than 10% util. on the two AMEX cards, with around 15% util. across all cards.  

I have a question that hopefully the forum can answer:  since I recently got a 3x CLI on the BCE, do I have to wait the full six months to ask for a CLI on this new card?  I know how it works for existing accounts, but I'm just not sure where it lands with new cards.  

Congrats!! Yes you need to wait for 6 months for 3X CLI(initiated by you). If it is Auto CLI, then no such restrictions. 

Message 3 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!! Yes you need to wait for 6 months for 3X CLI(initiated by you). If it is Auto CLI, then no such restrictions. 

Thanks!  That's what I figured, but wasn't sure.  

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thats nice, congrats on your Amex approval. You will need to wait 180 days to request another CLI

Message 5 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

love hilton!! Congrats, happy traveling Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

love hilton!! Congrats, happy traveling Smiley Wink

Thanks!

Message 7 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats! Yes, 6 months after CLI approved request(manual).
Message 8 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, I got this card in June and its an easy 75k points!

Message 9 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats, I got this card in June and its an easy 75k points!

Me too!!! I got this card in April. It was great... only had to spend  $1k for 75k points and they posted to my account quickly. 

Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.