Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Hilton HHonors approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: AMEX Hilton HHonors approved

@Anonymous wrote:

I love Hilton hotels and have been an HHonors member for quite some time, but have been a little cautious about getting an HHonors credit card.  For some reason today I decided to bite the bullet and applied (I currently have a BCE and a Delta Gold with AMEX).  Instant approval for $2800, which I'm okay with.  It's less than the current $6K I have on the BCE, but signficantly more useful than the piddly $1K I have on the Delta.  I get 50K HHonors points for only a $750 spend in the first three months, 7x points on purchases through Hilton portfolio hotels, 5x points in restaurants, grocery stores and gas stations and 3x points on everything else.  For data point, my EX score is 680 and I have less than 10% util. on the two AMEX cards, with around 15% util. across all cards.  

I have a question that hopefully the forum can answer:  since I recently got a 3x CLI on the BCE, do I have to wait the full six months to ask for a CLI on this new card?  I know how it works for existing accounts, but I'm just not sure where it lands with new cards.  

Congratulations to you!...Thanks for sharing.Smiley Happy

Message 11 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!  I obtained the card in January. 

Message 12 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!  I obtained the card in January. 

Thanks!  The card arrived yesterday and aesthetically I like it better than the ugly cheap looking Delta Skymiles Gold that I have.  It's a nice blu-ish color, reminiscent of the old Amex charge cards.  I know that doesn't matter, but I still like the way it looks.  

Message 13 of 14
glamchick
Established Contributor

I just got approved for this card yesterday also!!  With the same SL $2800!!   I was also approved for the Preferred 5 days prior with a SL of $4000.

So you can only request one CLI one Amex card at a time?   The rep told me I could request a cli in Oct for my preferred.  So would I have to wait 6 months from that date to request on my Hilton?

Congrats by the way!!!

Gardening since 5/3/2016
Message 14 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.