Demented1
Established Contributor

Re: AMEX Optima Approved (Finally)

Congrats on the AmEx Optima!

Message 22 of 27
bicboiOD
Contributor

For any current and/or past AMEX Optima card holders, do you guys happen to know what your APR was when you initially got the card?

I'm not sure if this is even relevant at all, but I was just looking through my cardmembership agreement and saw that my APR was 18.24% and compared to my other cards like my Discover It Secured (22.99% APR), I feel like it's a lot lower compared to others. (I also don't really plan on carrying any balances, so APR doesn't matter much to me, rather the way the APR was assigned based on my credit profile is what I'm wondering)

I'm just wondering if the HP that AMEX did before issuing the card to me gives some insight on my credit profile or if they just tend to give a lower APR for this specific card. Just trying to get a feel for where my baseline is, in terms of my credit standing when I started with this card and where it will be at after the 1 year mark hits and I can apply for the other cards once more.

Current Stats:

03/2021 EXTUEQ

FICO8

(01/2020)

INQ (24mo)875
INQ (12mo)775
AAoA4y 2mo4y 2mo4y 2mo
AoYA2 mo2 mo2 mo

Personal Revolvers:

Credit Limit$300$2000$1000$1000$1250
Age4y 4mo2 mo1 mo1 moN/A
Utilization0%11%N/AN/AN/A
Message 23 of 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

This might be a NOOB question but is that a secret or hidden card/product?

I do not see this card anywhere on the AMEX site. 

Thanks!!

Message 24 of 27
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

@Anonymous wrote:

This might be a NOOB question but is that a secret or hidden card/product?

I do not see this card anywhere on the AMEX site. 

Thanks!!

@Anonymous You won't see this card featured on the AmEx website because this specific product is only offered to select applicants.  This is known as the "2nd chance" AmEx or part of the Oasis program.  

In the past, this particular card was available like any other revolver (e.g. Delta, BCE, etc.).  There are still some of them in circulation (i.e. non-penalty version), but it's no longer available for new applications. 

Message 25 of 27
GrandBay
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your Optima approval! Hopefully the year goes by quickly and you are able to snag the card you desire! 

Message 26 of 27
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

@bicboiOD Congrats on your AmEx Optima approved . . . a little late -but- this just popped-up on my screen.

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 27 of 27
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.