Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AMEX Platinum Approved

tag
enjoimorenow
Frequent Contributor

AMEX Platinum Approved

Just wanted to say thanks so much to the knowledge on this board for all of the help you have given me over the years.

Filed BK in August 2016 after making a lot of mistakes and knowing nothing about credit.

Less than 6 years later I have no more negatives on my report other than the BK.

Current scores are 717 EQ, 735 TU, and 736 EX.  I was also just approved for the Platinum AMEX and am super happy with the progress I've made.  Bought a new Kia Telluride last year and got KMF interest at 0.9% so just know that it's never too late to fix your situation.  I literally started with scores under 500 so to those who may be discouraged just read the wealth of info in this forum and learn from others.  You will be surprised how fast you can rebuild!

Again, huge thanks to all of the brilliant members and their posts on this board... literally helped me turn my life around!

BK 7 Scores (08/2016): EQ-528. TU-486. EX-530.
Current Scores (04/2022): EQ-717. TU-735. EX-736.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: AMEX Platinum Approved

Congrats on the approval!

Message 2 of 13
krit
Regular Contributor

Congrats!!! 

Message 3 of 13
RobotDR
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the approval and the rebuild!!

Message 4 of 13
CloudyWeather1331
Regular Contributor

Congrats on the AMEX approval!

-
Message 5 of 13
SouthJamaica
Mega Contributor

@enjoimorenow wrote:

Just wanted to say thanks so much to the knowledge on this board for all of the help you have given me over the years.

Filed BK in August 2016 after making a lot of mistakes and knowing nothing about credit.

Less than 6 years later I have no more negatives on my report other than the BK.

Current scores are 717 EQ, 735 TU, and 736 EX.  I was also just approved for the Platinum AMEX and am super happy with the progress I've made.  Bought a new Kia Telluride last year and got KMF interest at 0.9% so just know that it's never too late to fix your situation.  I literally started with scores under 500 so to those who may be discouraged just read the wealth of info in this forum and learn from others.  You will be surprised how fast you can rebuild!

Again, huge thanks to all of the brilliant members and their posts on this board... literally helped me turn my life around!

Congratulations on your approval and your accomplishment.

Total revolving limits 741200 (620700 reporting) FICO 8: EQ 701 TU 704 EX 685

Message 6 of 13
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Awesome! That's a comeback story! Get all of those great benefits out of the card. I love mine!

AU

Message 7 of 13
Berk
Established Contributor

Great story! Like you said, it is never too late and there is a wealth of knowledge on these forums. I have obtained so much helpful information on here over the years.

Thank you for sharing your sucess. It is an encouragement to us all.

Message 8 of 13
Danmae777
Regular Contributor

Congrats on your newly acquired card.

starting fico 8 score 04/2021-EX-618
current fico 8 score 04/2022 -EX 657
Message 9 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your Amx platinum approval Smiley Happy

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.