Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant Personal Loan and Credit Card Approved

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant Personal Loan and Credit Card Approved

Paid one payment early on the personal loan yesterday, and paid two payments this morning.

Next payment now not due until 12/23! I love the fact that Alliant will allow these advance payments to actually advance your payment due dates in this manner, since not every lender will. Nice! Smiley Happy

Message 61 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Paid one payment early on the personal loan yesterday, and paid two payments this morning.

Next payment now not due until 12/23! I love the fact that Alliant will allow these advance payments to actually advance your payment due dates in this manner, since not every lender will. Nice! Smiley Happy

If you have your loan set up to automatically make your monthly payments it may do so even if the next payment shows it's not due to 12/23.  I have my PenFed auto loan set to have my monthly payments taken from my NFCU account.  Twice now I have made extra payments which advanced the next due date to later in the year.  Nonetheless when the normal payment date came around they still withdrew a payment from my NFCU account.  Sneaky :-). Be interesting to see what Alliant does if you have recurring payments set up.

Message 62 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

If you have your loan set up to automatically make your monthly payments it may do so even if the next payment shows it's not due to 12/23.  I have my PenFed auto loan set to have my monthly payments taken from my NFCU account.  Twice now I have made extra payments which advanced the next due date to later in the year.  Nonetheless when the normal payment date came around they still withdrew a payment from my NFCU account.  Sneaky :-). Be interesting to see what Alliant does if you have recurring payments set up.

Good thoughts, Irish, thank you.

Fortunately I don't set up recurring payments with anything- I have my due dates set to the same date each month for all of my cards, and I go in and pay them all at the same time. I like the ability to review things and pay things myself, and it's easy since everything is due at the same time.

I don't like things being yanked out of my accounts unless I inititate it. Smiley Happy

PenFed sounds a little sneaky. Smiley Happy

Message 63 of 72
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Op out of curiosity what was the amount of your personal loan you got approved? If you don't mind sharing. Mahalo
Message 64 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

Personal Loan amount I requested was 2k. I only requested a loan to maximize the HP they had already taken two weeks before for the credit card. I didn't need the loan, but thought I might as well maximize the hard pull. Smiley Happy

Plus, having the loan helps develop the relationship further, which is always a good thing.

Alliant can be very conservative with approval amounts, and sensitive to new accounts. A supervisor at Alliant told me that they look at new accounts opened in the entire past year when making a decision, and that 3 or more new accounts in a year and too many new recent accounts is not looked upon as favorably.

Remember that myfico members' behavior often contrasts sharply with the regular population. Most people only open one new credit card within a year, if that.

Message 65 of 72
Vegas4Play
Valued Contributor

Congrats to you !!!

Fico 8's TU 756/ EQ 754/ EX 743- 8/2020// AAoA 5.7 years // Lines August 2020 = 619k Personal - Business 61k // Inquiries 6 TU - 0 Exp - 0 Eq.
Message 66 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Vegas4Play wrote:

Congrats to you !!!

Thank you, Vegas4Play! Smiley Happy

Message 67 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

I selected the "United Airlines" design for my new card, and just received it this week.

Pretty cool. It has a very scenic mountain, ocean, and sky background with United Airlines plane that has the cool and aerodynamic wingtips. Neat design. Alliant was formerly known as United Airlines Credit Union until 2003.

Message 68 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have to utilize their savings and checking account more. I just called bc I don't have much in their accounts and I have a decent size deposit I want to make. They are .65% and .995% for checking and savings respectivly. Guess I know where I will be putting this money. lol

Message 69 of 72
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I have to utilize their savings and checking account more. I just called bc I don't have much in their accounts and I have a decent size deposit I want to make. They are .65% and .995% for checking and savings respectivly. Guess I know where I will be putting this money. lol

Sounds like a good plan, FutCRNA! They have always been very easy to work with whenever I have talked to anyone at Alliant (even if they are a bit on the conservative side. That may change as the relationship becomes longer and once they get to know me) Smiley Happy

Message 70 of 72
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.