Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alliant weirdness

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Alliant weirdness

Hi all,
So a weeks ago I joined Alliant CU and applied for their platinum credit card but was denied due to too many recent accounts. Yesterday I applied for their personal loan and also got denied as expected but here is the kicker, this morning I received an email from a loan officer saying they are unable to offer the loan due to me being a new member but he would approve me for the platinum credit card for 5k 0% APR for 12 months. That’s so weird, what changed from last week to today? They used the same Credit report from last week so I am totally confuse. They even approve me for a 3.79 auto loan. FYI..they pulled Transunion fico 8 706
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Alliant weirdness

Congrats on the approval. I guess they wanted a piece of your business after all.

Was the original denial an instant denial or a 7-10 message? I’m wondering if the PL made them do a deeper look rather than just an automated algorithm decision.
Message 2 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

It went to manual review, called and reconned and it went to a loan supervisor and was still denied. Took four days. This is why I’m super confuse on why the change of mind.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats, and at least now you have the card you went after. 

Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval

Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.