Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amazon prime store card approval

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon prime store card approval

Just applied for the Amazon store card and was instantly approved with a $700.00 SL.
I did call to see if I could get more but was denied. Either way I'm happy. They also gave me $40 gift.
I've been working on my credit for just over a year. Started around 520 and I'm up to 649 exp.
I've got two cap 1 cards. $1600.00
And Discover $800.00 I think I'll gerden until after may when 9 inquires fall off my report due to car loan. Let my scores grow and go after chase. Also who else has experience with amazon and how well they grow.
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
JSS3
Valued Contributor

Re: Amazon prime store card approval

Mine is still at 5,000. Denial letters claim that's their ceiling for that card. A few said they have gotten to 10,000.
Message 2 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Supposedly CL ties closely with TU score.

My TU was 650 when I got $400. At 699 TU they gave me $6000. What’s your TU at 5000?
Message 3 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not sure of my TU fico
My CK TU is 630
Last I checked all my fico scores are higher than fako
Message 4 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Amazon store card will give you a free TU FICO score monthly once you set up your login.
Message 5 of 13
mr_awesome
Established Member

Nice work, the Amazon store card will grow. I grew mine from 700 to 1000, 1500, 2000, 3500, 4000. This was in about a year and a half. Keep at it.
Payding down debt to prep for a mortgage.

Cards in my wallet: Amex Gold, Chase Sapphire Preferred, Lowes Advantage

Sock drawer: Lots of old store cards and not great no-rewards cards for history and utilization padding, some lame no AF cards I drunk-apped

Next Cards: AMEX Everyday and Chase Freedom?
Message 6 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats.
Message 7 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Opened a year ago @ 800 SL. Went up to 3500 in four increments.

Message 8 of 13
chaos51
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Just applied for the Amazon store card and was instantly approved with a $700.00 SL.
I did call to see if I could get more but was denied. Either way I'm happy. They also gave me $40 gift.
I've been working on my credit for just over a year. Started around 520 and I'm up to 649 exp.
I've got two cap 1 cards. $1600.00
And Discover $800.00 I think I'll gerden until after may when 9 inquires fall off my report due to car loan. Let my scores grow and go after chase. Also who else has experience with amazon and how well they grow.

@faded I had a SL of $1,500 and requested $7,500 after my 3rd statement cut, but was countered at $6k. TU is 704 with 14 inquiries and TONS of new accounts.

Total Revolving Credit Limit: $306,900
Pay Over Time Limit: $85,000
Fico 8 Scores: Ex: 751, TU 751, EQ 741
Message 9 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congratulations! I think I was pretty much in the low 600's when I got mine last November with a $800 line; since my TU FICO has been growing very slowly compared to EX or EQ I was stuck there until last month when I tried the newly-renovated CLI button and got boosted to $3,500. Just keep at it and keep growing your credit and you'll get that line boosted in due course!

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.