cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Gold Delta Approval!

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Amex Gold Delta Approval!

The standard offer for the Amex Gold Delta card is ~30k-40k points for $1k spend. In December I received a mailer from Delta targeting me for 60,000 points for $2k of spend on one of their 3 annual fee Skymiles cards. I read it, chucked it out.

Fast forward to this week, I received a mailer from Delta targetting me with the 75,000 point offer! (50K if $2k spend in 3 months, an additional 25k if an additional $1k spend in 6 months) I looked into the value of these points, and came to the conclusion that the flights I would want to take value my points at 1.5cpp, so that would put me at $1050 in Delta miles which NEVER expire! Addionally, if I don't fly Delta enough, the Blue Delta card with $0 AF provides me a sought-after downgrade path for security.

I received instant approval for $5k with only a soft pull from Amex! (I was already preapproved on the website, so no surprise about the SP!) Only gotcha was that they robbed $5k from my $20k Amex BCE (my highest CL card) to make it happen, but I was fine with that Smiley Happy

My mum needs a new $3500 furnace installed in the next two weeks and needed a short-term loan for it. Told her I'd cover her with my card...only going to take me one swipe for those sweet points Smiley Wink

Age 21
Current Score: EQ 802 (2 Inq) | TU 790 (6 Inq) | EX 807 (7 Inq)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Re: Amex Gold Delta Approval!

Congrats on the approval, I'm sure you'll get the 5k back to your BCE over time.

~~ Former Royal Navy Submariner - Proud to have served ~~
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval!!  I also got a mailer 1 week ago for the Delta Gold - 60k offer.  Very tempting but, can't have them all Smiley Tongue.  Congrats on the great SUB.

Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!
Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your approval !!!

8-2019 / Fico 8 EX 8013 , EQ 8016 , TR 810
Amex ED 22k , CSP 17k , Discover iT 12.5k , Fifth Third Bank S2C 12k , BofA Cash Rewards 10k , Avianca Vida 10k , State Farm Good Neighbor Visa 10k , Citi DD 6k , Union Bank Rewards 5k
Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congratulations on your approval!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Mar 2020):EX- 689, TU- 659, EQ- 651
What's in my wallet:

On the chopping block:

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Amex Delta Gold approval! Great offer too! Smiley Very Happy

Currently: Gardening since 12/19

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.