Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Amex Platinum Approved w/ Pre-Approval

tag
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

Amex Platinum Approved w/ Pre-Approval

Ok folks, after stalking the forums for weeks now, finally couldn't help myself.  I followed the advice of many a fellow members, advisors, travelers, gurus, and credit extrodinaire's alike and logged into my current Amex account.  Clicked on Cards > Check Prequalified Offers > Then clicked manually on Apply Now for the Platinum card.

True to everyone's advice, it said my name "#######", You are Pre-Approved!

amexpreapprov.jpg

Needless to say, I decided now was as good a time as any and submitted it.  I guess it was a high percentage chance to be approved seeing this right?  Approved!  I'm pretty ecstatic to be honest, so without further adieu, let me drop a little info / demographic on myself in case it helps future folks.

My EX & EQ Fico was last seen at a 691 with 1 baddie from 6 years, 11 months ago about to fall off come September 1st although probably made minimal difference.  13 HP Inquiries over the last 2 years through EX. (I was about to wait until Sept. to apply for this until I saw the approval)  I just brought down my utilization across 8 cards from 80% in January (Moved over the holidays,) to 32% in June, and as of current date to 14% which is how my EX reflects now.  September I'll be at 7% utilization, that in itself feels excellent. AAoA 5 years, income upper 6 figures, length of credit history stemming back to 2005.  I was a revolver rather than a transctor up until this spring, and now part of the PIF crowd.   Now my dilemma is if I 1. Apply for the CSR to utilize as well knowing I'm at 3/24 now  2. Choose another Amex if there is no HP? or 3. Garden for a while. - Open to advice there.

As for my daily use of cards, this Amex Platinum fit the bill to a Tee.  I travel consistently for work at the drop of a hat, spend plenty of time in the airports hence the lounges will be of use, and utilize Hilton and Marriott exclusively unless unavailable.  I use Uber for transportation in the more popular cities, have a Saks Fifth Avenue 15 minutes away, and will get plenty of benefit regardless of this annual fee.  I hope this helps broaden the DP spectrum.  Thanks everyone for keeping posts like these going, I wouldn't have known to Pre qualify had it not been for the sharing of information I reviewed on this board.

Message 1 of 34
33 REPLIES 33
Caught750
Valued Contributor

Re: Amex Platinum Approved w/ Pre-Approval

Congrats! I'm going for it soon!
PERSONAL; Amex | AOD FCU | BBVA | BECU | Capital 1 | Chase | Citi | Discover | Key | NFCU | PSECU | SECU MD | Synchrony | US Bank
BUSINESS; Amex | Citi
F8 Current F8s ~750 Best Ever F8s ~775
TOTAL PERSONAL CL > $350k and TCL > $365k
Message 2 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval !!!!!

Message 3 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your Amex Platinum approval! You will make good use of all the perks! Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!! Thanks for the DP. I'm going to wait for the 100K SUB (fingers crossed)... What was your SUB?

Message 5 of 34
Cred4All
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats!!! Thanks for the DP. I'm going to wait for the 100K SUB (fingers crossed)... What was your SUB?

I'm jealous of those who in recent past received 100k, my SUB was the 60k.  I'll take that, and hope the card proves its perks are worth the investment.  

Message 6 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Sweet - congrats!

Message 7 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Cred4All

Super Congrats on your Amex Platinum approval!!! Smiley Very Happy

I'm a major proponent of the Amex "2 for 1" option. You've got a revolver

with your name on it just waiting for you while using the same hard pull

within 30 days. Now all you have to do is decide which one you want. Smiley Very Happy

Since you travel extensively and routinely stay at Hilton and Marriott hotels,

the SPG and Hilton Honors Ascend cards might warrant serious consideration.

Both cards have a $95 annual fee, but the SPG AF is waived the first year.

Decisions decisions, huh??!!! Smiley Very Happy

Note: If you can't decide between the two, don't sweat it.

Since you've been reading the forum I'm sure you also know

that forum members have enjoyed success getting 2 revolvers

and 1 charge card in 90 days. Just something to think about. Smiley Very Happy

Congrats once again on your Amex Platinum success. Thanks for sharing! Smiley Very Happy

Message 8 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!

If you do opt for the CSR, wait until your utilization drops to 7% for optimal SL. The Amex will likely take 2 months to report so you could go for another Amex revolver, if you wanted (likely a SP) without necessarily hurting your Chase chances (during the time it takes to report). But when they do, you’ll be 5/24 or 6/24 (depending on whether you counted the Platinum), so make it count.
Message 9 of 34
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the approval!Smiley Very Happy

Message 10 of 34
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.