Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Another capital one executive office success

tag
ymmv
Established Member

Another capital one executive office success

So my credit rebuilding journey started nearly two years ago. All I had to my name was an express credit card I applied for on the whim and several closed major ccs with deliquent payments.

C1 gave me a $300 cl and bumped it to $500 after six months. No frills no zero Apr deals, nothing since. After several requests and denials I emailed the exec office and they've just bumped me to $5000 and 1% cashback on the card. I feel my journey has finally come full circle.

Thanks myfico!
BofA 123 - 0/5K, Discover More 0/8K, Amex Blue 0/9.4k, Capital One Platinum 0/5k, Express 0/1350
Message 1 of 32
31 REPLIES 31
Rein
Regular Contributor

Re: Another capital one executive office success

Nice! Congrats! 

Message 2 of 32
flashevo
Regular Contributor

Could you pm me the email addy u used?

Thanks.
NFCU Flagship Sig (24.5k); NFCU CashRewards (24.5k); NFCU NavCheck (15k); Chase Sapphire Preferred (15k) ;Chase Marriott Rewards (14k);US Bank Flex Perks (9k); Barclays Rewards (8k); Chase Freedom (14k); BOA Travel Rewards Sig (20k); BOA Privileges with Cash Rewards Sig (9k); Discover IT (6.5k); Walmart Discover (3k); Wells Fargo Platinum (9.5k); Wells Fargo LOC (10k); Bloomingdales Amex (5k); Macy's Amex (5k); Paypal Extras Mastercard (6k); Bananna Republic Visa (5.5k); Lowes (6k); Sams Club Discover (5k)....In the garden since 8/15/13

Message 3 of 32
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

@ymmv wrote:
So my credit rebuilding journey started nearly two years ago. All I had to my name was an express credit card I applied for on the whim and several closed major ccs with deliquent payments.

C1 gave me a $300 cl and bumped it to $500 after six months. No frills no zero Apr deals, nothing since. After several requests and denials I emailed the exec office and they've just bumped me to $5000 and 1% cashback on the card. I feel my journey has finally come full circle.

Thanks myfico!

congrats....how long have you had the card? What are your current scores?

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 4 of 32
myjourney
Super Contributor

YMMV congrats 

Mr pimp pickle Pm sent

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 32
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Im closing in on 2 yrs myself on my Cap1 card ive already had some EO success a few months ago taking it from 750 to 2000. Im wondering if theyll increase it again to 5K at the 2 yr mark. What do yall think?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 6 of 32
colindidit
Established Contributor

I'm gonna try again soon too. Gotta chrck my credit report tho to see when I opened the oldest one I want to get then to 2000 at least
Wallet: Barclay-5k, Citadel MC- 5k, Slate- 4k, Freedom- 3k, BOA- 3k, Citi- 2k, AMEXBCE- 2k and more...
Message 7 of 32
NH_CarDealer
Valued Member

I didn't have good luck with OE about a week ago. So I emailed in and an Executive office rep sent me a letter saying she would like to talk to me....I haven't had a chance to get back to her yet. So far Cap-1 has given me no love and I have scores in the high 600's and low 700's and been with them for 2yrs and never missed any payment and I've been stuck at a 700.00 limit the whole time....

Not sure what to do....

Message 8 of 32
myjourney
Super Contributor

@NH_CarDealer wrote:

I didn't have good luck with OE about a week ago. So I emailed in and an Executive office rep sent me a letter saying she would like to talk to me....I haven't had a chance to get back to her yet. So far Cap-1 has given me no love and I have scores in the high 600's and low 700's and been with them for 2yrs and never missed any payment and I've been stuck at a 700.00 limit the whole time....

Not sure what to do....

You need to contact them if you want a CLI

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 32
paulbrapp
New Contributor

Could I get a pm with the email address as well...

Thanks
Paul
Message 10 of 32
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.