cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approval of Disco, Amazon Prime, and a Cap1 QS CLI, all in the same day!! 19k additional!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approval of Disco, Amazon Prime, and a Cap1 QS CLI, all in the same day!! 19k additional!

Congrats on your approvals and CLI

Message 11 of 26
newfossil
Valued Contributor

Re: Approval of Disco, Amazon Prime, and a Cap1 QS CLI, all in the same day!! 19k additional!

Congratulations!

Starting score - May 2018

April 2021

AAoA - 1 year 6 months
Message 12 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
I love this forum. It helps you think outside your box.

I used to have 805 score, excellent credit, and a big credit line, but back in 2015/16 my financial situation went south and while I didn’t file for BK, I had all four of my CC’s closed, three of them CO. One Amex and two BofA. They eventually came after me legally and was able to settle two of the three with just a one time payment and one BofA I paid for 2 years on, which I just finished paying on a month ago. Today, I started getting flooded with emails from various credit monitoring apps and services that my account shows settled, current or paid off. My score went up around 30-50 points, landing around the 680 mark. My low was the lower 500’s during this time.

Up until today, I just had two Cap1 cards, Platinum (secured) with $500 CL and Cap1 QS with $3500 CL, which I got back in 2018 and 2019.  

I had been waiting for the payoff to post before I applied for anything. I really wanted an Apple Card, and I was so disappointed they declined because of recent late payments, even though the last late payment on TU was 4 yrs ago. My Fico9 score was 748 which they used.

I was really bummed out, but using a suggestion by another forum member, I went ahead and applied for a Disco and got a $12.5k CL!!!

Once I got this approval, I remember I also had wanted a Amazon Prime card because I buy a lot of things through them and getting the 5% cash back would be nice. Since I have no plans to apply for auto or mortgage in the next 3+ yrs, I went ahead and applied. I got approved for $5k CL!!!

Then while reading about people having success in doing a CLI, which honestly I had never even thought of asking for even on my two Cap1 cards, I asked for one on the QS and they gave me $2k increase!! Leaving me at $5.5k limit.

I am so pumped! I went from a combined CL of $4k to $23k today.

Some day, maybe I’ll be able to have an Apple Card. I’d also like to get an Amex again as well, even though one of my two accounts with them was settled for less, but whatever.

Anyhow, that is my good news. Yes, I've learned my lesson with CC's. My credit utilization went from 17% to 3%. I will be able to just keep in the 1-3% range using the AZEO.

Congrats on your approvals! You have an encouraging story the type of stuff that gives others the courage they need to keep pushing in the credit world.

Message 13 of 26
Ficoproblems247
Valued Contributor

It's all in a Tuesday's work. Congrats on some great approvals, and nice work coaxing an increase out of the ever stingy Cap1! 

FICO 8 Sep '23 EX 755 EQ 765 TU 739
TCL $199,800
Message 14 of 26
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

Congratulations!

Message 15 of 26
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

Major congrats !

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 16 of 26
Anonymous
Not applicable

I got my two new cards today. What a day!

Best news though, is the Amazon Prime card that told me was a $5000 limit, now shows a $7100 limit.  A CLI without even asking.

Message 17 of 26
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Best news though, is the Amazon Prime card that told me was a $5000 limit, now shows a $7100 limit.  A CLI without even asking.

$7100 screamer emoticon.gif

Message 18 of 26
AllZero
Mega Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Congratulations on your PCLI!

Message 19 of 26
UH_HUH
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
I love this forum. It helps you think outside your box.

I used to have 805 score, excellent credit, and a big credit line, but back in 2015/16 my financial situation went south and while I didn’t file for BK, I had all four of my CC’s closed, three of them CO. One Amex and two BofA. They eventually came after me legally and was able to settle two of the three with just a one time payment and one BofA I paid for 2 years on, which I just finished paying on a month ago. Today, I started getting flooded with emails from various credit monitoring apps and services that my account shows settled, current or paid off. My score went up around 30-50 points, landing around the 680 mark. My low was the lower 500’s during this time.

Up until today, I just had two Cap1 cards, Platinum (secured) with $500 CL and Cap1 QS with $3500 CL, which I got back in 2018 and 2019.  

I had been waiting for the payoff to post before I applied for anything. I really wanted an Apple Card, and I was so disappointed they declined because of recent late payments, even though the last late payment on TU was 4 yrs ago. My Fico9 score was 748 which they used.

I was really bummed out, but using a suggestion by another forum member, I went ahead and applied for a Disco and got a $12.5k CL!!!

Once I got this approval, I remember I also had wanted a Amazon Prime card because I buy a lot of things through them and getting the 5% cash back would be nice. Since I have no plans to apply for auto or mortgage in the next 3+ yrs, I went ahead and applied. I got approved for $5k CL!!!

Then while reading about people having success in doing a CLI, which honestly I had never even thought of asking for even on my two Cap1 cards, I asked for one on the QS and they gave me $2k increase!! Leaving me at $5.5k limit.

I am so pumped! I went from a combined CL of $4k to $23k today.

Some day, maybe I’ll be able to have an Apple Card. I’d also like to get an Amex again as well, even though one of my two accounts with them was settled for less, but whatever.

Anyhow, that is my good news. Yes, I've learned my lesson with CC's. My credit utilization went from 17% to 3%. I will be able to just keep in the 1-3% range using the AZEO.

That was a great story...I could feel your happiness coming out

when you typed about getting the Discover Card and your CLI's!!!!

So Happy for you. That had to be a hard time. Really glad to read

you came through it okay!

Cheers

Message 20 of 26
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.