Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved but disappointed

tag
WhiteCollar
Established Contributor

Approved but disappointed

I decided to apply for the Navy Fed Platinum Visa because of the 5.99% for 12 months promo. This would be my third Navy card. My other two cards, the Flagship and CashRewards are in good standing, zero balances and CL are over $20k.

Well this time around I was approved but only for $3k. For me that's not much to work with. Now I kind of want to decline the card. And I don't think Navy allows you to move credit from one card to another anymore. Think I wasted a HP. 

Message 1 of 37
36 REPLIES 36
Steveo777
Contributor

Re: Approved but disappointed

Congratulations on the new card! Sometimes it's about max exposure they want to have. Pretty sure they might transfer that CL to one of your other accounts if you ask, as I believe I've seen others post about it. If it were me personally, I'd be picking up the phone and  try to find out why the last card approved is so low and if I could not recon that, then I would ask to move the CL to one of the other cards you have with them.

BK7 Discharged 08/2021 Household Income 95k
Scores: Fico9 Equifax 663 | TU 694 | Experian 628 Vantage 3.0 TU 737 | EQ 726
Cards:
Tri-CU $3k
Capital One Quicksilver One $3K
Mercury Master Card $3.3k
Upgrade Visa $10k
NFCU Visa Platinum $2000
Alphaeon Card $3600
Dell Preferred $4500
WM Mastercard $1000
Credit One AMEX $1000
Kohl's $800
Ollo Mastercard $2000
Target Red Card $1200
Cabela's Mastercard $3k
Message 2 of 37
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Sorry about the low SL, but Congrats on a approval!

Message 3 of 37
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

@Steveo777 wrote:

Congratulations on the new card! Sometimes it's about max exposure they want to have. Pretty sure they might transfer that CL to one of your other accounts if you ask, as I believe I've seen others post about it. If it were me personally, I'd be picking up the phone and  try to find out why the last card approved is so low and if I could not recon that, then I would ask to move the CL to one of the other cards you have with them.

Just FYI, I have been denied twice for moving limits between cards/credit reallocation.

Even told them I was going to do a balance transfer. Still No soup!

Message 4 of 37
Sub16610
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval.  Sorry about your disappointing sl.

Message 5 of 37
collics
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

It just looks like approx $23k is the max they are willing to extend unsecured for you at this time. I'm in the same boat so you aren't alone.

Hopefully being in the garden for a while will help. 

BK 7 Discharged May 2014. Removal Feb 2024! Let the countdown begin!!
Last App: Apr 2023
Newest to Oldest:

FICO8s Dec 2019

FICO8s Oct 31 2023
Message 6 of 37
coldfusion
Community Leader
Mega Contributor

@M_Smart007 wrote:

@Steveo777 wrote:

Just FYI, I have been denied twice for moving limits between cards/credit reallocation.

Even told them I was going to do a balance transfer. Still No soup!

Yes, it was never officially sanctioned but they would often do it if asked, but there have been a number of reports over the last few months of requests to reallocate limits among cards being denied. 

(3/2024)
FICO 8 (EX) 846 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850
FICO 9 (EX) 850 (TU) 850 (EQ) 850

$1M+ club

Artist formerly known as the_old_curmudgeon who was formerly known as coldfusion
Message 7 of 37
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 8 of 37
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your NFCU 3RD Card approval.

Message 9 of 37
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

In my relationship with them:

1st was small

2nd was large

3rd was small again

CLI requests at 91/3 and 6 months have never been denied or countered for less than requested

It'll happen.....

Congratulations on your NFCU approval!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 10 of 37
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.