Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Alaska Airlines - but only for the Platinum Plus

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Approved for Alaska Airlines - but only for the Platinum Plus

@imaximous that's awesome that the strategy you alluded to in another post worked out and will likely result in a Signature card!

@mazda3 congrats on your new card!

Message 11 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Applied last night and also only approved for the platinum version with 3,200 limit. Called 3 different times to try and get it changed to the signature and nothing could be done so I decided to cancel.
Message 12 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Applied last night and also only approved for the platinum version with 3,200 limit. Called 3 different times to try and get it changed to the signature and nothing could be done so I decided to cancel.

If I’m not mistaken, for applications beyond June 4th (perhaps), the Platinum has the same SUB and companion pass as the Signature version for newly approved applicants. 

Message 13 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Can you direct me to where I can find that information? I tried looking for it, as I was told that on the phone also but I couldn't find anything and it seemed weird to me that they would have 2 versions of a card and have the same benifits and SUB.
Message 14 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Did you app again? If not app again and combine cL if needed.
I apped three times to get the signature because that’s what you want. Got approved for all. Got my bonuses and combined limits for the signature.
Message 15 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Here’s the thread: https://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BoA-Alaska-Visa-Platinum-and-Visa-Signature/td-p/52696...

Here’s what I said in it: 

“I read it on reddit yesterday.  I haven't been able to locate an official press release but I did take a look at the BoA Alaska Airlines Terms and Conditions and it appears that the verbaige that explicitly excluded companion pass from Platinum Plus card holders (when I got the Signature card in May) is absent.

Platinum Plus cardholders that predate June 4th, will need to apply for a new card for the new terms to take effect.”

The image I found on Reddit is attached. I’m finding it impossible to find something official other than the updated ToC. That being said, perhaps that’s good enough. If we were non-MyFicoers, it’s likely we wouldn’t even know there was a difference between Signature and Platinum rewards perks and SUBs. We (myself included) could be over analyzing it. Especially if their telephone customer service is able to corroborate. 692DE26C-1B9F-4B45-BD5F-B36D35246931.png

Nevertheless, I hope it’s true and I hope you get it. 

Message 16 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Interesting development. 

Message 17 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

So should I reapply? I canceled it the same day I was approved for it. Will I still receive the SUB?? Thanks for any help.
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.