cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Approved for Hilton Honors American Express!!!

tag
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Re: Approved for Hilton Honors American Express!!!

Congratulations on your Amex approval!!

Message 11 of 22
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

If you've built up some history with Amex and maybe credit has improved since you got that card you would likely be approved for a higher limit in a new card. I started out couldnt get more than 1k with Amex on my first card but now have some of my largest limits with them 

@Duriel wrote:

Grats on your approval. I had seriously considered the Hilton Amex cards as I've been traveling a lot more lately and typically stay in Hilton properties anyway. But Amex won't budge on my BCP's 1000 limit. My last hotel stay authorized for over 1000 including incidentals, so that limit wouldn't work for me. 

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
Message 12 of 22
Total80sKid
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Hilton Honors approval 👍🏼🎉

Message 13 of 22
SPChaser
Established Contributor

Congrats on Hilton success!!!

“Play the game, but don't believe in it“
Message 14 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Duriel wrote:

Grats on your approval. I had seriously considered the Hilton Amex cards as I've been traveling a lot more lately and typically stay in Hilton properties anyway. But Amex won't budge on my BCP's 1000 limit. My last hotel stay authorized for over 1000 including incidentals, so that limit wouldn't work for me. 

I'm hoping that as my credit profile continues to improve, that I'll be able to move these to higher and higher limits. But as of now I'm just happy to get them. Worse comes to worse I'll move credit to/from them if AMEX continues to let me into their family.

Message 15 of 22
TSlop
Valued Contributor

Congrats on your approval!

Message 16 of 22
Openwater
Established Contributor

Congrats! Hard work pays off!

Discover 22K ---------------------------- Credit Union MC 17K
Cap1 QS 11K ---------------------------- Barclay 3.4K
AMEX Blue Cash AU 15.5K ------ Barclay Apple AU 10K
AMEX BCP 15K
1 Installment loans:
Auto 60K /

AMEX Hilton Aspire 25K
Vantage 3.0: TU:738 EQ: 737 03-17-2020
Ch. 7 DC 12/2014
Message 17 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bizambish wrote:

If you've built up some history with Amex and maybe credit has improved since you got that card you would likely be approved for a higher limit in a new card. I started out couldnt get more than 1k with Amex on my first card but now have some of my largest limits with them 

@Duriel wrote:

How long did it take for amex to start showing you some love?

Message 18 of 22
Bizambish
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bizambish wrote:

@Duriel wrote:

Trying to remember exactly now. I had the delta gold and Hilton surpass both with a 1k SL and I also had the PRG (gold card). After about a year of good history with those, I started getting nice limits and I was always pre approved for every card they have with a SP. I had a bad history with Amex in the past, so if you don't have that it could be even faster. 

Start: Low 500’s
Most Recent: 738-745
Over 180K CL Club
Focusing on Delta, Hilton, Amex MR, Alaska miles, Citi TYP, and Chase UR
Message 19 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Bizambish wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

@Bizambish wrote:

@Duriel wrote:

Trying to remember exactly now. I had the delta gold and Hilton surpass both with a 1k SL and I also had the PRG (gold card). After about a year of good history with those, I started getting nice limits and I was always pre approved for every card they have with a SP. I had a bad history with Amex in the past, so if you don't have that it could be even faster. 

Thank you for the info. About two weeks ago I was approved for the BCE card but with a low SL of $1,900. I do not have great credit scores. I have been rebuilding since June of 2020 and have made decent progress, but definitely not as fast as some. I do not have any bad history with amex as this is my first card ever with them. During my rebuild I have not been late on any payments and keep my total utilization under 5%. I have already started using the amex card and will usually put about 1k on per month and pay in full each month. I am trying to project when it will be a good time to ask for credit limit increases, or should I just wait for them to provide my first increase as an automatic increase.

Message 20 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.