cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA Compass ClearPoints Prequal

Auto Loans for ANY Credit Situation. Immediate Response.
Advertiser disclosure
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

BBVA Compass ClearPoints Prequal

Recieved a preqaul letter. Was going to put it straight in the shredder put the envelope said travel on it so I checked it out (my main reason for gardening was to get the Uber visa and I wanted that for the travel)

submitted the app and it says it’s being reviewed. But asked me to submit photos of my ID. What’s the deal here?

Is this standard? I don’t see why they would send me the prequal since u need one to apply to deny me haha.

Daily Drivers: Uber Visa, BOTW World Cash Back, And Citi DC
Sock Drawer: AMEX: BCE, ED, Cash Magnet. Discover: It, Miles. Citi: Simplicity. BBVA: Clear Points.
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
Highlighted

Re: BBVA Compass ClearPoints Prequal

Pretty standard for BBVA (and other lenders) to request this information as part of their verification process.
Message 2 of 24
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

I called today to make sure I didn’t need to submit anymore info and they said they just need to review my app and I should hear from them in 24-72hrs.

Sock Drawer: AMEX: BCE, ED, Cash Magnet. Discover: It, Miles. Citi: Simplicity. BBVA: Clear Points.
Message 3 of 24
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Got an email saying I’m approved. 4.9k Credit limit.

Message 4 of 24
Highlighted

Congrats! I got that offer in the mail yesterday, and the APR was a shocking range of 12.99-30.99%.  Out of curiosity, do you mind sharing what they gave you?

Message 5 of 24
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The interest rate wasn’t in the email. I’ll update when I get the card. Interest doesn’t actually matter to me because I pay in full.

Message 6 of 24
Highlighted
Community Leader
Super Contributor

congrats on the approval! The waiting game while its in review is always nerve racking!

My rebuild worked for me, but won't necessarily work for you!
BK7 D/C- 08/2013
Message 7 of 24
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@K-in-Boston wrote:

Congrats! I got that offer in the mail yesterday, and the APR was a shocking range of 12.99-30.99%.  Out of curiosity, do you mind sharing what they gave you?

I got another email today stating after my 0% intro offer is over my APR will be 18.99%

Message 8 of 24
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations! Are you still going to go for the Uber eventually?
Message 9 of 24
Highlighted
Regular Contributor

@Tutheather22 wrote:
Congratulations! Are you still going to go for the Uber eventually?

The travel was the only thing that appealed to me since i have comparable cards for all the other categories so I don’t actually need to Uber anymore... but knowing me I’ll probably still try and get it hahaha.

Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.