Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BFS FCU Beyond Visa Signature + LOC Approval

tag
northway
Frequent Contributor

BFS FCU Beyond Visa Signature + LOC Approval

I closed out a number of cards that were overlapping in benefits, had smaller limits that just didn't want to grow, etc, earlier this month. So I decided to try my hand at applying with BFSFCU.

Their Beyond VS offers 5x points on Flights, 3X on Hotels, 3X Restaurants, 2X Car Rental, 1X everything else plus a few travel protections and whatnot. It remains to be seen what those points to cash conversion rates are, but it seemed pretty good for a free card either way.

Put in the application, and was approved the next day for $50K @ 15.74% with no FTF/BT/CA fees. There's a 6 month 0% purchase promo and a 12 month 1.9% BT/CA promo. Not wanting to waste the inquiry, I put in for an LOC and was auto-approved for 30K @ 13.5%.

Going forward I'm going to further refine my open cards and close out what I don't need. I've gotten a few too many declines for "too much available credit" (750K Available) recently (such as Addition Financial whose lending app auto Approved, but declined after UW review, and Alliant after a CLI request) so I want to consolidate.

Personal Cards:
Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23
spiritcraft1
Valued Contributor

Re: BFS FCU Beyond Visa Signature + LOC Approval

@northway wrote:

I closed out a number of cards that were overlapping in benefits, had smaller limits that just didn't want to grow, etc, earlier this month. So I decided to try my hand at applying with BFSFCU.

Their Beyonds VS offers 5x points on Flights, 3X on Hotels, 3X Restaurants, 2X Car Rental, 1X everything else plus a few travel protections and whatnot. It remains to be seen what those points to cash conversion rates are, but it seemed pretty good for a free card either way.

Put in the application, and was approved the next day for $50K @ 15.74% with no FTF/BT/CA fees. There's a 6 month 0% purchase promo and a 12 month 1.9% BT/CA promo. Not wanting to waste the inquiry, I put in for an LOC and was auto-approved for 30K @ 13.5%.

Going forward I'm going to further refine my open cards and close out what I don't need. I've gotten a few too many declines for "too much available credit" (750K Available) recently (such as Addition Financial whose lending app auto Approved, but declined after UW review, and Alliant after a CLI request) so I want to consolidate.

--------------

Congrats on the great approvals.   Any DP's to share?

I bet the folks at BFSFCU will not know what hit them in the coming days.  Smiley Happy

Biz |
Current F08 -
Current 2,4,5 -
Current F09 -
No PG Biz Credit in Order of Approval - Uline, Quill, Grainger, SupplyWorks, MSC, Amsterdam, Citi Tractor Supply Rev .8k, NewEgg Net 30 10k, Richelieu 2k, Wurth Supply 2k, Global Ind 2k, Sam's Club Store 11.k, Shell Fleet 19.5k, Citi Exxon 2.5k, Dell Biz Revolving $15k, B&H Photo, $5k

Message 2 of 24
northway
Frequent Contributor

@spiritcraft1 wrote:

Congrats on the great approvals.   Any DP's to share?

I bet the folks at BFSFCU will not know what hit them in the coming days.  Smiley Happy

Membership is incredibly restricted. I only got in due to family. I wouldn't count on a FoTM here.

Not new account sensitive at all, not sure about INQs, utilization is at 3%, score came back as a 788 EX8.

Personal Cards:
Message 3 of 24
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Absolutely don't match any of the categories listed for eligibility! Congrats on the approval! 80K for the 2 would definitely create a FoTM feeding frenzy if not so restricted.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 4 of 24
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats and likely one of most restrictive credit union membership criteria I have ever seen.  Don't see how they can really be in business with basically just certain employer groups.

08 Scores - TU: 839 - EXP:839 - EQ:838
Message 5 of 24
northway
Frequent Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats and likely one of most restrictive credit union membership criteria I have ever seen.  Don't see how they can really be in business with basically just certain employer groups.

They're actually larger than BCU, lmao. But I know what you mean.

Personal Cards:
Message 6 of 24
Blender
Established Contributor

Congrats on your approvals!

10/2024

Message 7 of 24
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your new found liquidity!

Be aware the points are 0.83 cents each or that is what the website says.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC(Pending PC), Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense WMC, Curve WEMC(Suspended), Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, GBank VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Santander Ultimate Cash Back WMC, Synchrony PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], Upgrade Cash Rewards Elite VSC, US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, PCMCU Platinum Rewards, Redstone FCU Signature, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 8 of 24
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB INVESTOR CARD $28,900 CL/ AMEX MORGAN STANLEY BLUE CASH $5K CL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $18,000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $40,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/

SOCK DRAWERED & SOON TO CLOSE / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 9 of 24
northway
Frequent Contributor

@zerofire Do you know where it says that? I've been looking everywhere trying to find out.

Although if that's the case it's still 4.15% back on airfare which isn't bad for a free card still and it's uncapped. Hotels and Restaurants would be 2.5% which isn't amazing, but won't keep me from dumping it anytime soon.

Personal Cards:
Message 10 of 24
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.