BMO Harris Platinum Rewards Mastercard Approval 16.8k

Instant approval: $16,800 SL 

TU: 778
UTI: 4%
AoYa: 2 months
AAoA: 5 years 5 months 
New Accounts: 2/6 & 4/12
Income: $166k reported

I had no prior relationship with BMO and went into my local branch this morning to open an account. During the process I was informed that I was pre-approved for three cards. I chose for the Platinum Rewards. 999B04C9-FB01-4CC7-9ACB-5BCF7F71C8C9.jpeg

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
sznthescore
Established Contributor

Re: BMO Harris Platinum Rewards Mastercard Approval 16.8k

Congrats on your approval and nice SL! Appreciate the DPs.

REBUILDER CARDS

Goal: FICO 700+
Message 2 of 17
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

congrats on the approvals

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB INVESTOR CARD $28,900 CL/ AMEX MORGAN STANLEY BLUE CASH $5K CL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $18,000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $40,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/

SOCK DRAWERED & SOON TO CLOSE / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 3 of 17
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congrats @nuohlac Nice Approval!!!

Don't forget it is pronounced "B'MO"Smiley Very Happy

I almost forgot, I hold the Cash Back & Platinum Rewards MC'sSmiley Tongue

Had to apply via phone, as I was out of their GEO area.

They now limit you to (2) cards ..(used to be three)

(Click image to enlarge)(Click image to enlarge)

Message 4 of 17
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats on a nice approval.  Curious what made you go with Platinum rewards vs. cash rewards as most people opt for the cash rewards for streaming etc and cash vs. points.  Thanks and enjoy the nice CL.

08 Scores - TU: 839 - EXP:839 - EQ:838
Message 5 of 17
Jeffster1
Valued Contributor

Congrats on the approval! BMO rocks. I love my BMO card.

FICO EX 829 EQ 824 TU 844

Current lineup as of 9/23
American Express Blue Cash Everyday 20K | American Express Blue Cash Preferred 20K I American Express Cash Magnet 5K I Bank of America Customized Cash Rewards Visa 20K | Kinecta MyPerks Rewards MC 35K | TD Bank Double Up Visa 5K | USBank Platinum Visa 5K | BMO Harris Cash Back MasterCard 12K | Capital One SavorOne MC 3K | Capital One QS MC 9K | NFCU Flagship Rewards Visa 25K I NFCU Amex 20K | NFCU CashRewards Visa 20K I Citi Best Buy Visa 10K I Macy’s Amex 11.5K I Bread Financial American Express 10.5K I AAA Daily Advantage Visa Signature 8.5K I Wells Fargo BILT World Elite MC 30K I BCU Cash Rewards Visa 8K I Chevron Techron Advantage Visa 2.5K I JCPenney Mastercard 6K I UCLA Wescom CU Rewards Visa 7K I PayPal Cash Back Visa 9K I
Message 6 of 17
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

Thank you. Honestly, it would be down to personal experiences. I have never enjoyed cash back cards for some reason. Outside of my AOD (I love the auto application of their 3%) I have never really feel in love with cash back cards. 

Message 7 of 17
nuohlac
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriosity wrote:

Congrats on a nice approval.  Curious what made you go with Platinum rewards vs. cash rewards as most people opt for the cash rewards for streaming etc and cash vs. points.  Thanks and enjoy the nice CL.

Thank you. Honestly, it would be down to personal experiences. I have never enjoyed cash back cards for some reason. Outside of my AOD (I love the auto application of their 3%) I have never really feel in love with cash back cards. 

Message 8 of 17
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

Very nice SL and approval, congratulations on your new BMO MC!

Message 9 of 17
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Congratulations on your new approval BMO Harris Platinum Rewards MC!

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.