Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BOA $12,500 CLI = $47,500 Limit. Love BOA

Congratulations!!

Message 31 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just curious, if you don't mind answering, what kind of income did you put down to receive that CL ?? I'm just trying to get an idea if it's like 250K+ or were you more like 125K and had a record of large purchases and PIF or something. Thank's !!!
Message 32 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

I am so impatient.  Thank you for posting your post.  I through caution in the wind and applied for a CLI to 56k and look what I got:

Congratulations! Your credit line has been approved.
Your new total credit line is $55,500.00 with a cash credit line of $5,600.00 and is available for immediate use.

Use your available credit to transfer balances from other creditors online today.

Request a credit line increase: confirmation
Print this page

Total credit line requested:
$56,000.00

Like i always say, BofA REALLY ROCKS!! Smiley Very Happy

Amen! congrats to everyone!  so how long should a person wait if they wanted to try again? I was approved for the full amount requested. Is it best to wait a week? 2 weeks? I know its got to be in 30 days but wasnt sure if theres a better time to do a 2nd request?

Message 33 of 46
12njoy
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@CreditMagic7 wrote:

@12njoy wrote:

I am so impatient.  Thank you for posting your post.  I through caution in the wind and applied for a CLI to 56k and look what I got:

Congratulations! Your credit line has been approved.
Your new total credit line is $55,500.00 with a cash credit line of $5,600.00 and is available for immediate use.

Use your available credit to transfer balances from other creditors online today.

Request a credit line increase: confirmation
Print this page

Total credit line requested:
$56,000.00

Like i always say, BofA REALLY ROCKS!! Smiley Very Happy

Amen! congrats to everyone!  so how long should a person wait if they wanted to try again? I was approved for the full amount requested. Is it best to wait a week? 2 weeks? I know its got to be in 30 days but wasnt sure if theres a better time to do a 2nd request?

my experience on my alaska airlines card was that I did 3 cli request within minutes of each other.  The first two were approved but the third wasnt due to too many cli on the account.  I've learned (for me) to shoot for the moon with BofA, they'll counter.  when I talked to an analyst at BofA, they said they only like to see no more than 1-2 cli request per account every 3-4 months.  they any more than that you risk a system decline for too many cli request.

(Formerly known as: Credit is my hobby/TCL objective)
___________ 12Njoy
FICO - EX 810; EQ 797; TU 804 I'm climbing back to 800+
Message 34 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi! I just got a CLI on my BOA card as well a few days ago (online).  I requested 8k but they countered at 7k.  After reading this thread I'm so upset at myself for not requesting a higher limit!  If I were to request another CLI would they do another HP?  I called and spoke to a rep and was told that there was no way of knowing whether they would do another HP.  I was hoping someone here would have some advice on how to proceed Smiley Happy

Message 35 of 46
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

You can hit your button again if it's still there. Most people have done this with same HP.

But , people go back and ask for more when they where granted what they ask for which would lead one to think they let money on the table. Usually when they counter offer, that's all they are willing to extend you at the moment but it doesn't hurt to try.
Message 36 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:
You can hit your button again if it's still there. Most people have done this with same HP.

But , people go back and ask for more when they where granted what they ask for which would lead one to think they let money on the table. Usually when they counter offer, that's all they are willing to extend you at the moment but it doesn't hurt to try.

Got it...that seems to make sense...Also just checked and the button is not there anymore so not sure I will risk it lol.  

Message 37 of 46
ScoreOrBeScored
Valued Contributor

If the button is gone then that is it until another 3-4 months until it reappears
Message 38 of 46
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:
If the button is gone then that is it until another 3-4 months until it reappears

Mine has vanished, and rightfully so lol.

Message 39 of 46
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

@ScoreOrBeScored wrote:

Thanks for sharing that.

Today was the very first time i even bothered with the luv button on my accounts.

Usually i call in and make the request with a credit analyst and always have equal good results.

Message 40 of 46
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.