cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BOA CLI Success

tag

BOA CLI Success

Hello all, 

Im super excited, in 2008 I opened a BOA Secured CC with a $300 limit, I was told after a few years that it would become unsecured. After years of waiting, I called and requested a change to unsecured--declined. Last year (after reading a few threads) I requested another one (initially declined) it was changed from unsecured to a $500 credit line after recon. Since this account has become my lowest CL, I called and spoke to a very nice rep though the backdoor number. She took my info and confirmed it was a HP through TU, and asked how much I wanted, I requested 5k. She came back after 1-2 mins on hold and was approved for the full 5k. Im so stoked, this is now my highest TL that I have (lowest 1250 from cap 1) besides my husbands accounts that I am an AU on. GL to all. My USAA scores today were Ex-665 TU and EQ 695 

I want to thank the forums because without the advise I wouldnt be here. 

USAA EX 640 TU 667 EQ 667
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
myjourney
Super Contributor

Re: BOA CLI Success

Thats great news congrats 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 2 of 6
CREDITSURFER
Frequent Contributor

CONGRATS! gotta love BoA

Mouse over for CL
FICO EQ (670) 9/6, TUwalmart (725) 11/4, Discover FICO (725) 11/19, AMEX EX Pull (728) 11/29
GOAL: 750 with all
Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@521099 wrote:

Hello all, 

Im super excited, in 2008 I opened a BOA Secured CC with a $300 limit, I was told after a few years that it would become unsecured. After years of waiting, I called and requested a change to unsecured--declined. Last year (after reading a few threads) I requested another one (initially declined) it was changed from unsecured to a $500 credit line after recon. Since this account has become my lowest CL, I called and spoke to a very nice rep though the backdoor number. She took my info and confirmed it was a HP through TU, and asked how much I wanted, I requested 5k. She came back after 1-2 mins on hold and was approved for the full 5k. Im so stoked, this is now my highest TL that I have (lowest 1250 from cap 1) besides my husbands accounts that I am an AU on. GL to all. My USAA scores today were Ex-665 TU and EQ 695 

CONGRATS!!!

Awesome CLI!!

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
vish1
Valued Contributor

@521099 wrote:

Hello all, 

Congrats.

IME, BofA is very good with CLIs. I got a secured in Mar 2010 with CL of $500. Called up 5 years before 1 year (that's the earliest they can unsecure it). They happily unsecured the card and gave me a CL of $7,500. The only dispute was the AF. They said they can't waive off the AF on this card and I insisted they escalate otherwise I may have NO option but to cancel the card. Called the backdoor number again the next day and again insisted for escalation of AF removal (permanently).

Got a call next day or may be 2 days letter confirming AF waived forever.

I mentioned this AF thing coz OP may be still paying AF. It's NOT easy to get rid of AF, but it's entirely possible.

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 5 of 6
indiolatino61
Valued Contributor

@521099 wrote:

Hello all, 

If it wasn't for myFICO, Iwould never know "backdoor" numbers even existed. Congrats on your CLI!

photo Logo - Credit Card Collection - Data Inclusive_zpskiw5xfjj.jpg photo emerald_zpsfitcxbh5.jpg
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.