Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Banana Republic Credit Card Approval with verification

tag
MisterWives
Regular Contributor

Banana Republic Credit Card Approval with verification

I was looking to buy some chinos and dress pants and jeans, so some people on reddit suggested Banana Republic. They have some kind of 20% off your whole order if you use the credit card which is pretty much the only reason I applied for it. After I applied it told me to call their Credit Card Customer Service number a public number nothing private. Then it gave me a reference number and said I had to call within 48 hours. I did so immediately after applying and they are surprising open until 1am my time.

When they answered it was the phone number for their Credit Card Customer Service, but they expect you to already have a credit card with them and asked for the account number. I told them I just applied and was directed here, so they transferred me to the actual Credit Card Application Processing Department. There the guy answered and asked me for the last 4 numbers of my SSN, address, and other personal identifying information for verification. After that he said he was "overriding" something then said i've been approved for the Banana Republic Visa card with 2k credit limit which was great. I called back a little later to see if I could get the card numbers for online use and the robo directory machine told me I have a $800 spending limit so don't know what's up with that.

I also took a 15-25 pt hit to my credit scores on Transunion and Experian that I can see on Credit Karma. It's possible they put me in the verification/calling them process instead of instant denied or approval because I have 11 inqueries not sure if that matters to them. If not i'm not really sure why it didn't just instantly approve or deny me. The hit to my credit score is a bummer, but I now can buy some nice looking pants completeing my updating wardrobe project.

Wants: PenFed Pathfinder Rewards(4x pts travel), PenFed Platinum Rewards Visa Signature (5pts Gas, 3pts Restaurants and Grocery), U.S. Bank Cash+ (5% Categories), Chase Freedom Flex (5% Rotating Categories, 5% Travel, 3% Restaurants)
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
Aspireto850
Established Contributor

Re: Banana Republic Credit Card Approval with verification

Congrats!

When u have online access to CL before card arrives they usually give you a temp limit til you activate real card; hence the $800

Message 2 of 8
GApeachy
Super Contributor

Congrats on your new wardrobe building cc! Smiley Wink

My Take Home Pay Don't Take Me Home
Message 3 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on the card. If you are using CK for your scores, that would be Equifax rather than Experian. If that’s the case, don’t sweat it for one second. The scores provided by CK are meaningless and have no bearing on your creditworthiness.
Message 4 of 8
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Congrats on your approval

Message 5 of 8
JoeLuvsHisCredit
Valued Contributor

congrats.gif

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!

Message 7 of 8
pinkandgrey
Senior Contributor

Congrats! The 800 limit may be a temporary thing until you get the actual card. 

Discover It: 21.5k
Amex Cash Magnet: 18k
Fidelity Visa: 16.5k
Apple Card: 4.25k
Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.