cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BestBuy Visa Platinum Approval - great SL! Time to garden!!

tag
Agent_Alex
Valued Member

BestBuy Visa Platinum Approval - great SL! Time to garden!!

This one shook me even more so than having Capital One let me back in after burning them for a lot of money in my BK7 less than 2 years ago. I have only had 1 citi card in the past - another Bestbuy Visa (Gold version) with a $600 limit that I closed 3.5 years ago on good terms.

I needed a new iMac and barclay wont let me back in because of BK. I had heard Citi isn't BK friendly either, but I figured, EH, whats another inquiry? If im blacklisted it will just be a denial with no ding anyways. But this just cancelled out that myth!

Stats:

Utilization approx 33%

20+ inquiries

Pulled Equifax (which credit karma shows as a 615 - but I know it is higher since they don't show the $4,ooo I just paid off in the middle of June).

I'm guessing my score is around 640-660. Time to garden for real!!!!Screen Shot 2018-07-08 at 2.48.24 PM.png

Discover IT Miles ($4,700); Discover IT ($4,300); Apple Card ($4,000); Bestbuy Visa ($2,900); Capital One QS1 ($750); CreditOne Visa ($1,450); Caesars Rewards Visa ($1,000); B&H Photo ($250); CreditOne MC ($1,100); Walmart ($2,500); Kohls ($700); Genesis Raymour & Flanigan ($4,000); Venmo Visa Card ($250); PayPal Visa ($1,000); Target ($2,300)
6 REPLIES 6
peghede
Valued Contributor

Re: BestBuy Visa Platinum Approval - great SL! Time to garden!!

Congrats m8,by not burning them  they let u in 

so don't burn creditors (well some if u have to but minimize the burn to bad creditors, barclay,chase,..) .

Message 2 of 7
19eighty5
Senior Contributor

You're on a roll! Congratulations!

FICO 8 (Feb 2018):EX- 519, TU- 530, EQ- 545
FICO 8 (Sept 2022):EX- 706, TU- 685, EQ- 684
What's in my wallet:

Message 3 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats!!!

Message 4 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on approval

Message 5 of 7
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

CongratsSmiley Happy BB seems to be a good backdoor into Citi.
Message 6 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval. I was just approved for this card last night. Same SL of $2000. I thought I was blacklisted too. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.