Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAPITAL ONE VENTURE ONE APPROVAL!!

tag
Mike1014805
New Contributor

CAPITAL ONE VENTURE ONE APPROVAL!!

Yesterday I decided to apply for the Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card, and got a 7 to 15 day message. I immediately thought I was denied. About 5 minutes later, I received an email asking me to submit documentation for verification. I submitted the documents, and 3 hours later received an email saying I was approved for $5,000.

I'm shocked, because my Fico 8 Experian score was a 682, Transunion was a 697 and Equifax was a 664. I also have chargeoffs on my report from last year as well when I joined a debt management program. 

The approval email says I get a sign on bonus of 60,000 miles if I spend $3,000 in the first 3 months. I had a few of questions about this:

I was curious, does anyone know how to redeem the miles? I've never had a travel card before.

I also read you can exchange it for cash instead, is that true?

My last question, can I ask for a higher limit before they send my card, or should I just accept the 5,000 and consider myself "lucky" that I was approved?

15 REPLIES 15
coreyb80
Super Contributor

Re: CAPITAL ONE VENTURE ONE APPROVAL!!

Congrats on the approval! 

Personally, unless you need more, I would just sit tight, use the card, and shoot for a CLI down the line.

Message 2 of 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That’s terrific!  Congratulations on your Cap 1 approval!! 👏🏼🎉🍾

Message 3 of 16
Sub16610
Established Contributor

Congrats on your Cap One Venture approval! 

Message 4 of 16
M_Smart007
Legendary Contributor

Congratulations on the Venture approval!

Message 5 of 16
JLRDC909
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on your C1 approval. The best way (IMO) to use it is to wipe out travel charges. Purchase eraser can be used erase off charges. I did it recently. Have about 60,000 Venture miles and I used it for $600 worth of a hotel stay. 

JR
Message 6 of 16
Rebuild2019
Valued Contributor

Congratulations 🎊🎈🎉 on your Venture One Approval.

CARDS: Discover It | Kohl’s | Truist Spectrum Cash Rewards | Truist Bright | CITI Custom Cash | Chase Freedom Flex | Chase Amazon Prime Visa | VACU Cash Rewards Mastercard | Sam’s Club Mastercard | PenFed Gold Visa | NFCU CashRewards | NFCU More Rewards | NFCU Platinum Visa | AMEX BCE | Verizon Visa | Wells Fargo Active Cash | Amazon Prime | NFCU Auto Loan
Starting Scores 05/2019: EQ:519, EX:525, TU:574

CLOSED : Capital One Quicksilver One | OpenSky |
Message 7 of 16
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@Mike1014805 wrote:

... Capital One VentureOne Rewards Card ...  approved for $5,000.

I was curious, does anyone know how to redeem the miles? I've never had a travel card before.

I also read you can exchange it for cash instead, is that true?

Congrats on your VentureOne card approval, @Mike1014805Smiley Very Happy

You said Capital One Venture ONE but it sounds like you may have been approved for the regular Venture card instead?  They are two products with different SUBs and different earnings rates.  The SUB you mentioned of 60K miles is for the Venture card, not Venture ONE.  With the Venture, you'll have a $95 AF but you also earn 2 miles per dollar instead of 1.25 miles per dollar on the Venture ONE. 

Venture miles can be redeemed in several ways. Yes you can redeem for cash back, but that's a poor method of redemption since points are worth only 1/2 ccp that way.  Your best methods of redemption are for travel, where you'll typically earn 1 ccp or sometimes more.  You can also redeem for gift cards for 0.8 ccp to 1.0 ccp.  Capital One has their "Purchase Eraser" where you can apply points for account credit against any travel charges posted to your account within the past 90 days.  You can also book travel through their travel portal and use points.  Finally, you can also transfer your points at various ratios to partner airlines or hotels.  Depending on how you value those partner points and how you choose to redeem them, you may get more (or sometimes less) than 1 ccp.  But transferring may help you to magnify the value you're getting per dollar spent if you're careful.   Capital One has made several changes to their partners and the transfer rates, but I think the list below may be the most current.  The ratios are One Capital Miles : Partner miles

Keep in mind that just with the major worldwide travel alliances (One World, Star, Skyteam), you may be able to book travel on other airlines within that alliance from one partner.  So if you transferred to British Airways for example, which is a ONE WORLD member, you could book travel on Alaska Airlines, American Airlines, Iberia, Quantas, Cathay Pacific, Japan Airlines, and several others. 

Transfer partnerTransfer ratioTransfer time
Aeromexico1:1Instant
Air Canada1:1Instant
Air France - KLM1:1Instant
Accor Hotels2:1One business day
Avianca1:1Instant
British Airways1:1Instant
Cathay Pacific1:1Five business days
Choice Hotels1:1TBD: new partner
Emirates1:1Instant
Etihad1:124-hour turnaround

EVA

2:1.536-hour turnaround
Finnair1:1Instant
Quantas1:124-hour turnaround
Singapore1:136-hour turnaround
TAP Portugal1:1Instant
Turkish1:1Instant
Wyndham Hotels1:1Instant

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$898K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 8 of 16
Mike1014805
New Contributor

I'm assuming purchase eraser is a tool used to get credit for a purchase used for travel? I also read that 1 mile is equivalent to .01 in value. 

Message 9 of 16
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your new Venture 1 card!!

Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.