Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE FREEDOM UNLIMITED

tag
Mike1014805
New Contributor

CHASE FREEDOM UNLIMITED

So about 2 weeks ago, I applied for the American Express Cash Magnet Card and was approved for $5,000. This however,  put me at the infamous 5/24 rule for Chase. My credit score is only a 698, so I decided to apply for the Chase Freedom Unlimited before my Amex card reported to the credit bureaus. 

I was instantly approved for the Chase Freedom Unlimited, but only for $1,300. (I also have the Chase Amazon Visa and with a $3,300 limit and the Capital One Venture Card that has a $7,500 limit). 

I've read a lot of reviews where people get anywhere from $500 to $10,000+ for approval limits for the CFU. So I was curious, am I stuck at this limit? Does anyone have a possible idea of why my starting limit was so low? (I called and asked this question, but the rep couldn't give me an answer). Does chase offer automatic credit line increases? Has anyone had experience with getting a highe limit over time?

21 REPLIES 21
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Re: CHASE FREEDOM UNLIMITED

Congratulations on your newest Chase Card approval with the FU card.

Having had Chase cards for some years you can always qualifiy for an increase at their appointed timelime. I'm not sure what that is anymore but others can share with you their own wait period. I normally would later on apply for a second (and 3rd) Chase card and move some limits if increases took too long on one of them. Not sure if that is still available or not.

Message 2 of 22
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

That's terrific!!  Congratulations on your Chase Approval!! 🎉🥂👏

Message 3 of 22
Elpadrino1
Valued Contributor

Congratulations on your Chase approval!!

Message 4 of 22
everest
Frequent Contributor

Congrats on your Chase approval! 🎉

Message 5 of 22
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats on your CFU approval Smiley Happy

Good usage typically results in auto CLI and with Chase you can always move limits around on the cards.

Message 6 of 22
CreditAggie
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Congratulations on your CFU approval!

Current Cards (in order of approval):

Current FICO 8 | 9 (February 2024):  
Credit Age:  
Inquiries (6/12/24):  
Banks & CUs:

Message 7 of 22
babygirl1256
Senior Contributor

Congrats on your Chase Freedom Unlimited approval. Chase will grant credit limit increases but when they told me it would be a hard pull I declined. May try in 2023 . . . I also read where they sometimes give automatic CLIs but I haven't received one. 

Starting FICO 8 Score in 06/2019: EQ-625, TU-649, EX-640
Current FICO 8 Score in 06/2021: EQ-796, TU-806, EX-812
Goal FICO 8 Score in 06/2022: EQ-825, TU-850, EX-850
Message 8 of 22
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats on your approval!!

I was approved for CFU in Jan 2021 with a SL of $2100. I made purchases and paid the account in full. I got an auto CL increase in Oct 2021 to $4500. So about 9 months of good usage and they did that all on their own. So hang in there! 

Message 9 of 22
SEAlifer
Established Contributor

Congratulations! They will definitely grow your limit over time, especially if you are maxing it out and paying it off regularly. I know the "marathon not a race" saying is super cliche, but you'll blink your eyes and a couple of years will have gone by and your limit will be way higher.

AU

Message 10 of 22
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.