Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED - Update: Approved

tag
zeeks87
Valued Member

CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED - Update: Approved

I have AMEX Cash Magnet Card , AMEX Blue Cash Preferred, And one secured credit card that ive had for 2+ years.

I also have two car loans all with good pay history last credit pull was from AMEX back in November of 18. Transunion 727 Experian 738 Equifax 733 i applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred yesterday and was sent an email that app was under review decided to call and speak with a tec lady told me that they needed my DL faxed to them sent the DL to them yesterday and called today know they requested my ss card faxed to them should i worry that they are just blowing my horn and just hit my credit with a hard pull or is it pretty normal from Chase?  I sent over my ss and DL again today i dont what a hard pull and not get anything out of it!

Mod note:  I've updated your subject to reflect your approval; feel free to change/edit if you would like.  --UB

19 REPLIES 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED

@zeeks87 wrote:

I have AMEX Cash Magnet Card , AMEX Blue Cash Preferred, And one secured credit card that ive had for 2+ years.

I also have two car loans all with good pay history last credit pull was from AMEX back in November of 18. Transunion 727 Experian 738 Equifax 733 i applied for the Chase Sapphire Preferred yesterday and was sent an email that app was under review decided to call and speak with a tec lady told me that they needed my DL faxed to them sent the DL to them yesterday and called today know they requested my ss card faxed to them should i worry that they are just blowing my horn and just hit my credit with a hard pull or is it pretty normal from Chase?  I sent over my ss and DL again today i dont what a hard pull and not get anything out of it!

OP, it's verification.  If you sent what they asked from you, all you have to do now is wait. 

Additional HP just because you sent a copy of DL is unlikely. 

Message 2 of 20
zeeks87
Valued Member

Thanks For the Info! 

Message 3 of 20
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Welcome and good luck with your application 

Message 4 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to MYFICO, and contributing. You are helping other members that are looking for this card in the Internet-Verse.

I like this card. I do not have it, BUT this is the card that I would push people towards. Great rewards, GREAT annual fee. They practically pay you for this card to be in you're wallet.

Youre FICO score matches all the ones needed for this card. Identification is something more common now as more fraud is being played out with these companies. Discover asked for mine 3 years ago.

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good card
Message 6 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Just waiting for this thread to be moved to "Credit Card Approval" section Smiley Happy 

It is common for Chase to ask for ID. 

I applied my first chase card (CSP) in branch b/c i was afraid they are gonna do this so they can verify me right there no need to wait 30 days. 

My friend who applied online also got 30 day message and after he sent ID, he got approved. Took a long time tho, but nonetheless approved. 

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

I had the same issue when I applied for Citi Costco Visa. They actually denied my application initially. The reason was due to failure to verify my information. I ordered my credit reports from all three credit bureaus to find any discrepancies and found the culprit -- Experian had wrong number on file for my fraud alert and no one could reach me. I had to send some paperwork similar to what you sent to Chase to correct the error. After I've done so, I called Citi again just to ask what was exactly inaccurate on my credit report from them. The lady on the phone, instead of answering my question, verified my cell phone number and got me approved right there and then, even though that wasn't the intention of the call.

All I'm trying to say is that if you were denied/put on hold due to inaccurate information, that means you might get approved once you fix those errors.

Message 8 of 20
zeeks87
Valued Member

Thank you all for sharing! I sent (Faxed) Chase a copy of my Drivers License and waited about a week to call. After I spoke with the tech, they let me know that they needed a copy of my social security, so I sent a copy of that as well. I called a week later and they said they hadn’t received anything, so I sent another copy of my DL and SS after about another week. I called and was approved for $14,400!! The only odd part about it is that when I received the card in the mail the paper that shows what your credit score was when you were approved was only 703 and I remember clearly that myFICO was at least 720 across the board, but I’m very excited about the new card. In less then two weeks I spent the 4K for the 50K Points. The only down side is that there is a lot of interest on this card,I’ll just have to use it as a charge card.
CSP =14,400
Amex Chas Magnet= 4,000
Amex BCP=1,000
Bank of the West=1,000
Car loans=79,000
Trans:729
Experian:741
Equifax:748
Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Congrats OP!! That’s an awesome SL! 😎
Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.