cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED- update Approved!

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED- update Approved!

Hi everyone!

I recently applied for the CSP, about a month ago (January 16). I'm currently on vacation in Hawaii. Got a letter in the mail (had my cousin open it for me back home) from Chase, dated January 29, saying that I needed to send in additional documents for verification to complete my application. It said that if they don't receive the documents within 14 days of the date (so February 12 -- today!) my application would be nullified.

I just Express mailed the documents here in Hawaii through USPS on Saturday, February 8! Said it would arrive by February 10 at the Chase lending services office. However, it is now early morning on February 12 (the due date) and it still hasn't arrived. I'm quite scared. Should I call them and explain to them my situation (since I had sent it overseas)? Or do you think it will be nullified anyway with no excuses?

I also wanted to know if this "verification of documents" meant that I was leaning more towards being approved. Or is it a 50/50? One of my friends told me that it is rare for people to be denied after being asked to verify documents. If it helps I am at 732 on Transunion and 721 on Equifax. Hopefully that's ok.

Thanks in advance!

Message 1 of 20
19 REPLIES 19
Remedios
Credit Mentor

Re: CHASE SAPPHIRE PREFERRED: Verification Documents (Help?!)

Hi and welcome to the forums @Anonymous 

It depends 

Sometimes ID verification is all that's needed, and other times ID verification is followed by a human being reviewing the application.

In general, it's a good sign. 

As far as what you should do, you can call them, but I'm not sure if that will help. 

If the documents are not received and the application is auto denied, you can attempt recon when they have the documents, but if the application is discarded, there might be another pull.

Call them anyway and explain the situation.  Offer to show tracking info, and hope for the best.

Good luck! 

Message 2 of 20
sjt
Senior Contributor

I would contact them and let them know you express mailed it. Also, if they did not receive the docs ask if you can fax it to them.

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 3 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yay! Thanks guys! I'm pretty happy. I just called the application status auto number and they told me I would be notified within 30 days of my application. From what I've read on here that's a good sign!

Message 4 of 20
FinStar
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks for the update @Anonymous. 

Yes, typically that's a good sign which means the application has been placed back in the review pipeline.  Fingers crossed on a smooth verification of the docs.   Keep us posted. 

Message 5 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to the forums, dchristen03!

Wishing you the best of luck on your application. Let us know how it goes!

Message 6 of 20
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

Good luck!

Message 7 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the warm welcomes, everyone!

So happy to say I just got approved on the phone! It took almost a month since I sent in my application. They just needed to verify my physical address (it took forever). But I got approved for 8.2k CL! My first ever Chase card! I've never been happier!

Message 8 of 20
TekkenQQ7
Established Contributor

congratulations.gif

Message 9 of 20
Anonymous
Not applicable

Welcome to myfico and congrats on your approval! @Anonymous Moved your thread to the approval sub forum. 

Message 10 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.