Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CLI Synchrony Lowe's = $35K

tag
Aim_High
Super Contributor

CLI Synchrony Lowe's = $35K

Well, I should have done this earlier!  Lol  Smiley Tongue  I was >approved for the Synchrony Lowe's card<  on 02/27/24 with a very respectable $13K SL, pretty good for this card!  I asked in my thread for others to refresh my memory on Synchrony CLI rules but no one really volunteered, and I never went back to look them up.  I seemed to remember it could grow quickly, just not their rules. 

Since the approval itself was more-or-less an "oops" (see my approval post) and I've been traveling a lot for business the past two months, I didn't even activate the card immediately.  Then I was slow to set up my online account management.  I finally got around to it the other night.  I saw the CLI link so I went there, put in my info and ... BAM ... approved for the full (normal high) $35K CL on the card with no hesitation!  Smiley Very Happy

And just like that, Synchrony jumped from $0 TCL to $30K to $65K TCL, all in about the last nine months since my $30K Verizon Visa approval!  That puts them as my 6th largest lender, above such lenders as Discover ($52K), Barclays ($50K), Goldman Sachs ($42K), PenFed ($41.7K), and Capital One ($34K).   *My largest TCL lenders are Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0 - SYCH - 65.0

And ... with my other recent approvals and CLIs, that puts my TCL at $923,800, just $76,200 shy of $1M.  ($888.8K personal and $35K business.)   I only got to this level by all the help from the community, so thanks to all for the data points and help along the way! 

Lowes_CLI_35K_20240428.jpg

Business Cards

Length of Credit > 40 years; Total Credit Limits >$900K
Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0 - SYCH - 65.0
AoOA > 30 years (Jun 1993); AoYA (Feb 2024)
* Hover cursor over cards to see name & CL, or press & hold on mobile app.
Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
cashorcharge
Community Leader
Super Contributor

Re: CLI Synchrony Lowe's = $35K

That’s Terrific!! Congratulations @Aim_High on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

What's next to hit the $1M club?  C'mon...we're waiting for you and the Champagne up here is really nice  Smiley Happy

poke-the-bear-dumb-ways-to-die-iakfez5lfspixik2.gif

Message 2 of 17
keekers
Valued Contributor

Congrats.

Message 3 of 17
EAT_SLEEP_JEEP
Valued Contributor

Congrats

KEEPER EVERYDAY CARDS/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB PLATINUM NPSL/ AMEX CHARLES SCHWAB INVESTOR CARD $28,900 CL/ AMEX MORGAN STANLEY BLUE CASH $5K CL/ AMEX GOLD NPSL / AMEX GREEN NPSL/ AMEX BLUE BUSINESS PLUS $5000 SL/ AMEX BLUE CASH EVERYDAY $18,000 / FIDELITY REWARDS VISA $23,500 SL/ NFCU FLAGSHIP $40,000 CL/ NFCU MORE REWARDS $40,000/ WELLS FARGO AUTOGRAPH $8200/ CITI COSTCO ANYWHERE VISA $6000 SL/ DISCOVER IT $3000 SL/ APPLE CARD $6500/

SOCK DRAWERED & SOON TO CLOSE / PAYPAL CREDIT LINE $1700

Message 4 of 17
JoeRockhead
Senior Contributor

I have to be honest @Aim_High, I feel your efforts, and ambition to reach that $1m mark are just a bit lacking, I mean there's a lot of potential in those 4 business cards just hanging out down there all lonely and stuff. C'mon man! Smiley Very Happy

Of course you know I'm kidding as you are one of the few here that accept ( and at times appreciate) my humor. As usual, another nicely executed win, with the details we've all come to expect from you. Congratulations on your Synchrony success! I'm sure the $1m isn't very far down the road.

Message 5 of 17
FicoMike0
Valued Contributor

Wow, incredible total cl, congratulations!

Message 6 of 17
Wu-Credit
Frequent Contributor

Congratulations on the wonderful CLI!

Cards & Loans

myFICO | 747↓
Message 7 of 17
Rogue46
Established Contributor

Congrats! If I'm not mistaken I believe $35k is the max limit for Lowes without submitting docs.

Message 8 of 17
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@cashorcharge wrote:

That’s Terrific!! Congratulations @Aim_High on your Approval!!👏🏼🍾🥂

What's next to hit the $1M club?  

C'mon...we're waiting for you and the Champagne up here is really nice  Smiley Happy

poke-the-bear-dumb-ways-to-die-iakfez5lfspixik2.gif

Thanks so much, @cashorcharge! Smiley Very Happy

Yes, I poked the Synchrony Bear, after all the criticisms I've leveled at them over the years for their erratic lending habits.  Still, for me, if they slashed these limits they are a fraction of my overall limits so I feel pretty safe.  I think my credit profile is stronger as-a-whole than some of those who faced Synch AA.   And the Verizon and Lowe's cards both make enough sense for me instead of picking Synchrony cards that aren't a good match. 

As for the $1M, I started thinking about it last year.  It's always seemed so far away as I've grown my limits and wasn't really even a thought until I started getting closer.   God knows I don't need the credit I've got now, much less another $76K+.  It's been fun to see how high I can grow my individual and aggregate limits, though.  One thing I'm trying to do is to achieve it with fewer cards than many others have needed.  That's partly to make it more challenging but also I don't want to have dozens of cards to track.  I've avoided cards that have a track record of low-limit approvals and have favored those with higher limit approvals.   What I've got now is already more than I really want to manage for the long-haul.   I started out this year planning to garden until the fall.  I had (8) new cards in 2023, but three of those were business and didn't show up on my personal credit reports.  I was going to garden to help my new card SLs and ~maybe~ go for the $1M by the end of 2024-ish.  Then, USAA offered an enhanced SUB on the Eagle Navigator and I also had hopes they would give me $35K to $50K on an approval since $35K was the limit on my sock-drawered Rate Advantage that they closed last year.  Instead, they gave me the $25K, which is still good but drew me out of the garden in February.  The Lowe's card was something I had been considering anyway and had my "oops" on the prequal page, so I just combined it on the same session with the USAA.   

So for now, I'm gardening ... again.  Some of that $76K may be achievable with soft-pull CLIs on some of my cards by year-end.  (In particular, I'm talking about my CITI AA Executive, CITI Costco, Goldman Sachs Apple, Capital One Quicksilver, and maybe Wells Fargo Cash Wise.) 

One lender in my sights right now is Wells Fargo.  I've opened new banking accounts with them including some for SUBs, have some good cash flow planned, will product change the Cash Wise to Active Cash, use the Active Cash more, and hope for some some increases on it before applying for a new card later this year.  (Maybe Autograph Journey? Autograph?  Or the rumored "Beyond" card if it is released?)  Unless it's advantageous to do so, I would also consider consolidating my WF limits onto a single card at some point.  

There are a few other lenders and cards in my sights also.  One unique card is from First Command Bank - Visa Signature Premier.  I have a long relationship with them and minimum SL is $25K.  I have hopes they might give me a very competitive limit based on my credit file, existing credit lines, and relationship.   The card itself isn't industry-leading by any means but it's not bad:  no AF, FTF, or over-limit fees; 1.5 points (1.5%) minimum rewards 3 points (3%) in military base exchange and commissary; 12 priority pass lounge visits annually; metal card; Visa Signature benefits; requires $250K in assets. 

The only other large banks where I don't have a foothold yet are US Bank and PNC Bank.  If I were to apply with US Bank, the Altitude Reserve would be a primary target.   However, we all know how particular US Bank is for credit-seeking, so while I haven't eliminated them they are on the back burner.   They also do not have any physical banking branches in my area.  I'd probably be more likely to apply for an ELAN card to get in with US Bank.  Fidelity Rewards (I have some investments there) or a Max Cash Preferred for the 5% possibilities on utilities would be a good match.  PNC bank is physically present, and I've considered adding a card from them.  Their new "Cash Unlimited" 2% rewards and no-AF would be a solid add.  Their Cash Rewards card is okay, but 4% gas; 3% restaurants; 2% groceries (with combined $8K annual cap) are rates that I already have with existing cards, sometimes without the caps. 

There are others but I won't go on and on.  I'm on the side-lines for awhile to let the dust settle.  Lol  Smiley LOL  On August 6th, I'll be back to 2/12 (the USAA/Synch Lowes) for both new accounts and EX inquiries, the bureau they usually hit the hardest where I live.  So I'm expecting a mini-spree sometime around Sep - Dec, most likely, and soft pull CLIs in-between.   

Business Cards

Top Lender TCL - Chase 156.4 - BofA 99.7 - AMEX 95.0 - CITI 94.5 - NFCU 80.0 - SYCH - 65.0
Message 9 of 17
Aim_High
Super Contributor

@keekers wrote:
Congrats.= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =
@EAT_SLEEP_JEEP wrote:

Congrats

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

@FicoMike0 wrote:

Wow, incredible total cl, congratulations!

= = = = = = = = = = = = = = =

@Wu-Credit wrote:

Congratulations on the wonderful CLI!

Thanks very much @keekers, @EAT_SLEEP_JEEP, @FicoMike0, and @Wu-CreditSmiley Very Happy

Business Cards

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.